APPR going crazy

Have you got: NAV > Source > Nav1 on? (With the correct runway set to Nav1)

2 Likes

Yes, I have NAV1 on, then I switch to APPR, but then the airplanes nose pitches up a lot.

1 Like

Are you on the glide slope according to the correct runway?, if the aircraft pitches up; I would assume you’re too low so it pitches up the capture the glide. Or maybe you’re too slow so the aircraft pitches up as its stalling?

1 Like

Are you intercepting localizer 8-10 nm out? 137 kias is too low speed. Seems like you are fully configured for landing when you intercept loc if I understand correct.

1 Like

I also have this problem with the all my aircraft where it pitches up and down vigorously to stay on the glide slope. If it were real life the passengers would be smashing against the roof. It goes from a 45° pitch to a -45° pitch in 2 seconds until I take back control. Nothing I do fixes it. I usually seems to happen when I am fully configured for landing but I don’t fully configure until I am 5nm or around there.

2 Likes

Is it possible to provide a replay so we can review the issue you’re experiencing?

1 Like

Does your runway have ILS at all? You can tell if it does by seeing that your localiser is red.

1 Like

I have deleted the replay for space on my phone but I will perform a flight later tonight and send you the replay of that so you can see what is happening…

2 Likes

Is the localizer right on the arrow perfectly when your it APPR?

1 Like

Once it gets on the glideslope it start to overcompensate between below and above the glideslope to try and stay on the glideslope. It gets worse and worse until you take back control.

1 Like

Here is a picture,

You’re way too high above the glideslope. See that blue shape inside the box where it says your altitude? You want to be at or below that blue marker when you intercept.

Is this picture when you intercept or what happens after you intercept?

1 Like

I was though! I don’t know if it’s broken or something but I swear I was at the middle of the glide slope.

I tried it at 145 knots now, it still pitched up but not as much.

I did 2 approaches in the A320 to EGLL 27L.
3000 ft, 30 degree intercept (heading 300) Activated APPR once at heading 300 and loc/gs active.

Around 60% load

• 190 kias at start of ILS cone, Flaps 2
  • Reducing to 180 when stabilized at 270 heading.
  • Reducing to 160 at 7 nm, flaps 3
  • Reducing to 150 at 5 nm, full flaps, gear down
  • Reducing to 145 at 2-3 nm

Worked fine

I feel a little confused

Is the 30 degree intercept necessary?

It shouldn’t be necessary, although is certainly helpful. Perhaps you could share a short clip of you activating APPR for us to see what’s going on?

1 Like

With the risk of asking a silly question: have you seen the APPR tutorial?

2 Likes

but after the last update, somethings chance about APPR.