Appr buton use

Does anyone here use the appr button to capture the loc and gs and then when fully established disengage the autopilot because in real life they would arm the approach just want to see who’s like me

1 Like

I engage then disconnect between 1000ft-1500ft AAL.

AAL = Above Aerodrome Level.

2 Likes

Yep, I use the appr to stabilize and then disconnect unless the weather is bad.

1 Like

Personally I only use if there’s low visibility. I find it very fun to manually fly the approach (usually from LOC intercept). By using the “PAPI” lights we have, it’s quite easy to know how your vertical profile is.

But I definitely get why one would use APPR, it’s very good and precise!

1 Like

Above aerodrome level

But yes, I do that. I normally disengage when I drop the gear.

3 Likes

Thanks for the correction :)

3 Likes

Good to see

I don’t use the APPR unless it’s really foggy. Even in high winds I won’t use it. This is so I can manually fly the plane for a bit so I get a feel for it. It takes the fun out of it if you engage the APPR all the time in my opinion. I keep the VNAV and the LNAV on and when I am established on the localiser then I switch the LNAV from GPS to NAV1 which has the localiser on it then once the gear is down I switch off the A/P and manually land the plane from there

1 Like

So basically you do everything APPR does without pressing the button ;-)

2 Likes

I was just going to say that

1 Like

I really should’ve said that instead of typing all that. In conclusion yes I do. APPR is there only in worse case scenario

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.