APPR autoland

When I tried an APPR Autoland into London Heathrow I chose ILS 27L and it selected both ends of the runway (27L and 09R). Does anyone know what I did wrong?

1 Like

Nothing is wrong :)

As @Thunderbolt said, nothing is wrong. The runway has 2 ends :)

It’s just my Aircraft wouldn’t descend when I selected APPR. So I thought it my be because of that.

That’s a different matter entirely. What I highly recommend is to not use APPR at all, just manually fly it.

Hey,

It is possible you just hadn’t hit the approach correctly.

The following #tutorials may be of use to you:

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the Infinite Flight Community (IFC), it’s great you’re getting stuck in with your first post! Below is an introductory bit of information for new IFC members like yourself…

Welcome to the Infinite Flight Community

Thanks,
Patrick

2 Likes

It’s fine nothing is wrong! Nothing to worry about :D , also welcome to the community forum 🥳🥳

1 Like

I was at 3,000 feet I followed the full tutorial on YouTube and still couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it.

Hey,

We may be able to help you better if you try to flow an autoland approach one more time using the steps at the tutorial. If it still does not work, you may upload your replay at Share My Infinite Flight Replay for our review!

Thanks,
Patrick

That kind of thing happens to me a lot. I’ll be perfectly lined up but when I engage auto land the plane will pitch dramatically and turn away from the runway completely.

Hey, were you over the Maximum Landing Weight (MLW) ??

APPR doesnt work if your too heavy. this might be the culprite but if you were below MLW then i am not sure what might have been wrong.

There’s nothing wrong as the runways ILS system is under the same frequency.

Did you change the navigation from gps to NAV1?

Hello there,

1. Make sure you have the right amount of weight, having too much will stop you form activating APPR.

2. If you’re like me and edit your flight plans so it visually lines up on the center line of the red cone, activate ILS to the runway you aim at, then active APPR 27 nautical miles out at or below FL010.

NOTICE: If you descend incorrectly, in which you are above the glide slope APPR will not work until you real a green diamond on the Altitude side of your HUD.

1. Let it land for you, or as I do, disconnect at FL001 and manually grease.

Happy flying!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.