Appeal a violation report - UTC 2019/6/5 2319

I was descending into CTS after a 1-hour flight from NRT on the expert server today when my screen became unresponsive for some 30 seconds, causing me to lose speed authority and subsequently over-speed. I was able to correct the over-speed by reducing the throttle, deploying flaps, and deploying spoilers, but I received the violation anyway and was demoted to Level 3.

I worked hard over these past few months to familiarize myself with the simulator and to work my way up to Level 4, and it is unfortunate that this progress towards a higher level was stalled. Please may a trusted and certified technician review this case, so the next course of action can be decided.

I will provide screenshots if requested, and I hope for some closure on this case.

When did this happen? When you have spawned in, or taking off the runway or cruising?

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t think there is anything they can do about that. I also got demoted from grade 4 a few days ago due to a quite similar issue.

1 Like

I spawned in at NRT, Expert Server, at UTC 22:11 on June 5th, and I was descending and not far away from the localizer of CTS’s Runway 01L when I was hit with the ban-hammer.

1 Like

@Brandon_Ng, simply PM one of the lovely moderators with the information you gave, and they will work it out with you.

1 Like

@HiFlyer Thank you for the suggestion, do I contact the moderators by email or by direct message?

By direct message. Find a moderator, click on their profile, then look for the message button.

1 Like

Yeah, but I’ll better find out and prevent any further “screen freezing”

What device are you using? It is recommended to lower your graphic settings.

1 Like

Or you can message all of them at once by sending your message to
@moderators

1 Like

I was using a Samsung Galaxy S9, I purchased it last summer, and it has been running IF largely flawlessly up until now. I will take your advice, and lower the graphic settings.

1 Like

If a mod is contacted and the reason is legitimate, they can reverse the ghost. Did you contact a mod when this happened to you?

1 Like

I have not contacted a moderator yet, because I started this post as soon as I landed after the strike by ban-hammer.

You’re definitely telling the truth when you say the screen froze? Because no such thing should be happening with such a phone as the galaxy s9.

I recommend, just as a precaution, to reinstall infinite flight.

1 Like

I will do just that as soon as I can.

This phone was a gift from a family member, and this screen-freezing incident has happened a handful of times over my career so far.

Please stop this “chit-chat” when we have directed the user to the appropriate place. @Brandon_Ng, please contact a moderator for further discussion and/or removal of your violation. This case has been dismissed

2 Likes

Huh? I’m simply giving the OP advice based on what caused the violations to occur.

The OP has now said that his device has been experiencing such “freezes” for some time now.

Wouldn’t it be logical to give him further advice so that such incidents do not occur again? As by simply removing the report will not necessarily fix the issue that caused it.

1 Like

I am indeed crafting a message for the moderators, thank you folks very much for your advice, I appreciate the time taken.

2 Likes