App very laggy after update 22.8

As the title suggests, Infinite Flight has become very laggy and slow after the release of update 22.8. More specifically, when pointing the camera toward 3D objects. Even flights and replays take a much longer time than usual time to load. I’m curious to see if anyone else is also having this issue as well. If so, what are some solutions? Thanks!

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+

Operating System: Android 13

1 Like

I’m not very laggy but I used my whole life to load into the flight.

3 Likes

Hey,

Would you mind letting us know what device you play Infinite Flight on? So we can better help you!

1 Like

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+

Operating System: Android 13

Same problem here my device is way powerful enough to run the game but after the update esp at busy airport the frames drop if I look at the 3D building but back to normal if I look away 3d object density and other player aircraft don’t seems to be the one causing the problem

2 Likes

Where’s Schyllberg when you need him? :)

The staff are on holiday so they won’t be around as much at the moment.

1 Like

Have you tried restarting your device and seeing if that improves performance? Clearing scenery cache and unnecessary replays taking up unnecessary space on your device can help.

Also, do you have Android’s latest hotfix update, 22.8.1?

Checking some tips mentioned here might help as well.

2 Likes

I’ve tried all the above suggestions, but the app is still running much slower than it used to be.

Hello!

Do you have any comparable metrics or is this just a “feeling”? Not saying it’s placebo, just asking if you’ve used the performance metrics in the app prior to 22.8 and can compare the the numbers there before 22.8 and after.

Are you running with the 30 or 60 fps setting?

1 Like

Hello,

I am running the sim on iPad Air 4th Generation. Generally having it at 30fps unless I want to take videos. All graphics to the fullest. I never had issues only until after the 22.8 where the app has crashed twice since the update and sometimes the replay file is laggy a lot! I believe none can provide metrics and analytics as we are not developers but we can tell when something has changed since most of us fly frequently. I believe it is worth to have a look into it ;)

2 Likes

An iPad and a Samsung S20+ are two very different devices.
I recommend you either look into the already existing topics about iOS issues or create a separate one. Mixing two issues together in one topic is a recipe for disaster.

I was referring to the built in performance metrics options in the app which all of you have.

2 Likes

I’ve never used performance metrics in the game.

I also have the game currently set to 30FPS.

Hey @schyllberg 👋
Apple User here. I have the metrics active and it feels laggy too since the last update . When I have 30FPS set and I turn my camera to some airplanes ( on a busy airport ) the FPS drops down to 22-24… lowest was 16. when I set 60 FPS the lowest was 30FPS

1 Like

Will have to defer to what i said earlier:

1 Like

My bad . Apologies:)

2 Likes

Sooooo…any solutions? The lag is getting even worse now.

I’m facing the same problem 🫤

I also noticed that the fps even in the minimum graphics is dropping. Mine here got between 14 and 1 fps.

Device:
iPad pro 2018

I ended up uninstalling the app and then factory resetting my ipad. Redownload the app and set graphics at medium and 30fps. It works better. Virtually no lag. However, before I start a new flight I turn the device off then on go into the app and clear cache. Its a lot of work but….its the price we pay. Wish there was an easy fix for this