App STILL crashes

I know there’s a lot of topics on this and I don’t mean to keep beating a dead horse but, my app is STILL crashing even after the hotfix. Before 20.1, my app would crash only moments before I was going to land. After 20.1, my app would crash about an hour into the flight. After the hotfix, my app went right back to crashing during final approach. I’ve been having a problem with crashes since the a350 update. I have a 5th generation iPad. I followed all the recommendations by the IF staff to prevent the crashes from happening. I have absolutely no idea what else I can do. Can anybody provide me with assistance? And I mean this with no disrespect, I really don’t, but if there is nothing else that can be done is there a way I can get a refund? I bought a year long subscription to IF live a month before the problems started and I haven’t been able to fly for about 4 out of the 5 months I’ve had it. This has been really frustrating as the IF live year long subscription is very expensive and I haven’t been able to complete a single flight majority of the time I’ve had it. I’d appreciate it if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks.

2 Likes

The devs are aware of this. You aren’t alone in this and many people are having very similar issues. For example, search the #support category using the term v20.1 hotfix and you will see plenty of posts about it. Just remember that they will continue to work as hard as they can to help us. Please, give them some time though. It isn’t easy to code such a comprehensive simulator!

In the mean time if you would like to attempt flying, I would recommend lowering your graphics, turn off anti-aliasing, and restart the device prior to each flight, especially the long hauls.

2 Likes

*I mean BREAK lol

*bream from IF

Okay thanks, I didn’t want to be one of those people always getting on the devs, it’s just been frustrating because this has been going on wayyyyyy before the 20.1 update came out.

As far as attempting to fly is concerned, I think I’ll just take another from IF break. I’ve already tried all that stuff, + way more

1 Like

As for me, I haven’t experienced any crash since the release of 20.1. I recommend the following steps though:

• Keep the screen brightness low to minimize the risk of overheating.

• Limit frame rates.

• Lower graphics settings.

• Lower airplane count.

• Do not use a high output power supply (when charging while flying) to minimize the risk of overheating.

• Check that your internet connection is stable.

I have tried these steps and they have worked for me, however if nothing helps I would wait as developers are aware of the issue.

I have done all of that😞so I’ll just wait it out and see what happens

2 Likes

The devs are hard at work to continue to investigate what is causing this. Trust us everyone at some point with the update has experienced this. Even my self I am very eager to not have crashes anymore but the devs will fix this soon

I have the same problem and graphics is nothing to do with it, as before the app crashes the simulator is running smoothly

@Bazilpokie_Nose Incorrect. Graphics put strain on the CPU, especially with high level graphics. If it becomes too much, the device will overheat, cause the game to lag, and potentially crash. Not saying that is the case with Infinite Flight, however I’m just providing general information.

I have the Same Problem, tried everything from graphics to plane count to Anti-asilating (or what ever its called), for me I found flying when its quiet in the multiplayer server when I pass one or two planes or even flying in solo.

Usually turning down Airplane count to medium will do it right!

Obviously you will see alot of aircraft around you but not the crazy out of this world insane that were used to

My iPad doesn’t overheat, for me the crashes has happened on low graphics with low plane count. Even on high graphics my device doesn’t over heat normally

@Bazilpokie_Nose I never implied nor said that your device overheated. I am simply explaining how devices work and all potential causes/general issues that are known to people. I also specifically stated that I am not suggesting this is the cause for Infinite Flight crashing.

I Find when I’m on active atc is when I tend to crash

it will be a couple weeks till all bugs are somewhat fixed, just be patient :)

Based on my experience, I tend to get app crashes on the ground and when im spawned into a busy airport. By now, I haven’t experienced any inflight crashes at all. Here are some quick tips that are worth trying:

1. Airplane count to ‘none’ (I’m trying low right now, but im not 100% sure if it’ll work)
  2. Stable wifi: I used to have a lot of app crashes until I had the router changed and so far everything’s good, so I presume wifi plays a role in avoiding app crashes too
  3. Rendering, airplane quality set to low or medium
  4. Always restart your device and clear background apps (this is important especially for a long-haul)
  5. Clean cache after 1-2 flights

Hope these helps!

@Warren_Whitaker
Many people are still experiencing issues even after the hotfix that was pushed yesterday.
As this hotfix was only pushed recently, just like the 20.1 updates, some bugs are going to slip into the game. My advice is to remain patient while these bugs are worked on by the devs.
I hope, as we all do, for the sake of this game, that these bugs are eliminated as soon as possible.
Good Luck, Happy Flying!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.