App keeps crashing

Hi, my game keeps crashing each flight for the past 4 days. i have cleared scenery cache, i had put the all graphics on low during the flight, restarted my phone many times but non of these helped. I had even put the camera on tail and looked at the sky, again didnt work. Any help will be apreciated :)
phone specifications:
Device model: Xiaomi Redmi 6 pro
MIUI version: MIUI 11.0.5 | Stable 11.0.5 (PDICNXM) (Latest)
Android version: 9
RAM: 4gb
CPU: Snapdragon 625 Octa-core Max 2.0GHz
Available storage: 5gb

Taken from support FAQ

General tips regardless of device:

• Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.
  • Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.
  • Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.
  • It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.
  • Disable active ad or message blocking apps
  • Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
  • Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
  • Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
    1. Lower the Rendering Resolution setting.
    2. Disable Anti-Aliasing.
    3. Lower the Rendering Quality setting.
    4. Lower the Texture Quality setting.
    5. Lower Airplane count.

At any point if you’re experiencing decreased performance, “Limit frame rate” should always be ticked. This setting can have a great negative impact on performance unless your device is considered high performance.

Please try this and see what happens

1 Like

@Sashaz55 i have done those things. but it didnt work for me. in those four days i had done a flight 4h long OTHH-VIDP and the game didnt crash, but after that app kept crashing again.

Keep in mind it’s not a guaranteed fix to the issue and will be fixed in a future update.

Laura has suggested a workaround which involved pointing your camera at the sky because since you’re not seeing the scenery, it won’t load so the code that causes the memory leak stops running.

1 Like

I feel your pain. Thirteen hour flight, app crashes after 10.

1 Like

@Tsumia i had done the camera facing up trick it worked better, but sadly the game crahsed :(

Again, not guaranteed.

1 Like

IF keeps crashing for me on average of 1h 30mim of flight :( I tried to reinstal the app but it keeps crashing, i just dont know what to do.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.