My app keeps crashing after 20.1 and I have not made a single flight since the update came out. Its frustrating because my sub expires in a month and after the update with a350 (19.4??) came out, my old tab wasn’t compatible with the new version of IF, so I bought new and if I bought new tab, I want to use it. I would appreciate a reply. Good day!
Could you please tell me your device? And welcome to the community!
Hello, welcome to the community!
Im having the same issue but it happens the most with the 777 :C
Hope it gets fixed soon!
I have a iPad Pro 1st gen running the latest software 7.9in.
Blake from USA_ATC
Hey there! First, thank you for such a warm welcome. Second, im playing on Huawei tablet (dunno the model). I can tell that although its not Ipad, it is pretty good and it has 4GB of free space on it.
No problem always enjoying when we see a new members first post! Due to not knowing the model follow all the tips on @EJ1 post above clicking on the performance tab in the user guide! If you just give me a second I will link it below!
General tips regardless of device:
- Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.
- Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in, how many aircraft that needs to be downloaded during online flights etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.
- Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.
- It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.
- Disable active ad or message blocking apps
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
- Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings in the order listed:
- Lower the Rendering Resolution setting.
- Disable Anti-Aliasing.
- Lower the Rendering Quality setting.
- Lower the Texture Quality setting.
- Lower Airplane count.
At any point if you’re experiencing decreased performance, “Limit frame rate” should always be ticked. This setting can have a great negative impact on performance unless your device is considered high performance.
General Android tips:
- Make sure you have Android Battery Saver disabled. Having this enabled can cause a lot of degradation in terms of both storage, performance and network.
- Newer Android devices may work fine with Anti-Aliasing on. Turning this off can help performance for older/less powerful Android models.
- Some devices (ie Samsung) may have a Game Tuner app to enhance the performance of games. While some users have not seen an issue there is a number who have. It is best to run IF by itself instead of through a game tuner.
Where is it crashing? Loading? Long flight? All planes? Specific plane? What are the graphics setting?
Try and delete all your replay files that helps the lag
If you have to delete replay files for lag you have a bigger issue at hand. The only need to delete replay files is for storage space. Please do not delete replay files.
Replay files hold the least storage!
I was just suggesting replay files to help as a suggestion. People I know it’s helped in the past that’s why I commented. Thanks
From what I have been reading it almost seems that the issue with crashes is mostly occurring on Android devices seldom have I read complaints from Apple devices. It maybe time to invest in a good iPad air or Pro. That’s just my opinion.
It’s very funny/strange because the app crashes like 10 seconds after I open my map to create fpl.
Please see my reply from earlier regarding this. It should help:
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.