App keep crashing after 19.4 update

Honestly this is more exciting than the 777 and clouds combined.

6 Likes

For me it will be a dream come true
Can’t wait to get back to long hauls and with A350

1 Like

You have no idea how much I agree with you, I nearly broke my phone when I liked your comment 🤣

2 Likes

Couldnt agree more😂

2 Likes

I was just 16 hours in to a flight when my wifi turned off, but I’m glad I was able to make it that far!

All graphics on medium
Anti aliasing off
Limit frame rate on
Airplane count none
Using the sky facing camera

iPad 2018
iOS 13.4.1

1 Like

I’m currently doing KATL-OMDB A350 (fake route) it’s 13hrs
Settings low
Airplane count none
Anti allising off
Sky facing method.
So far it’s been good and not very laggy.
One of the problems I think on big ULH is to turn your anti allising on after 15hrs as my device stresses and crashes my app, so I will keep it or during the whole flight.
Will report the flight soon. 3hrs left until reaching Dubai.

2 Likes

Just completed KATL-OMDB 13:37
Longest flight with A350
Now I’m going to attempt OTHH-EGLL with medium graphics but anti allising off and airplane count to none

1 Like

Can confirm this works and works longer than I originally expected. Currently at 17hrs out of 23hrs of a continuous flight in the A350. Duration still may be affected due to a good portion of the flight being over water but with a 2GB iPad the current results are better than expected.

*Edit: Just completed a nearly 23hr flight in the A350 at medium settings on an iPad 6th gen. Can confirm the workaround is very effective.

5 Likes

Hmm, this is interesting. I got really excited reading that this was a known issue but it seems to only be geared toward iOS which is interesting because I have Android (Pixel 3, 1 year old) and all my flights seem to crash around the 4 hour mark. This has only been a problem since 19.4, beforehand I was flying all over the place with no problems. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, changing all the settings, even tried it in solo to see if it was the multiplayer that was giving me grief to no avail. I hope with 19.5 something changes🤞🏼😬

4 Likes

I was flying from Melbourne to London with the A350. The app crashed on me during short final. This is the second time. Ive done everything i can to prevent it that the community and support suggested.

Thanks,

3 Likes

Welcome Rico! :)

What device are you playing on when you flying these long hauls?

Hello,
iPhone XR

The longest flights I usually do is about 4.5 hours. My crash rate is not too bad, once or twice every 10 flights maybe. But it can happen to me any time, even after 20 min… Usually happens with the A350, once had with A321. It always happens when I change to a new camera view that looks down to the ground, such as a wing view. Also I’m wondering, could this be the same RAM leaking? I’m playing on a Note 10+,which I believe have strong graphics capabilities and 12gb RAM. I don’t think I had any issues before 19.4.
How does it look when the crash happens to others? Mine is: game freezes, than compete black screen and after a few seconds phone restarts. Is this the same thing that everyone else experiencing?
I feel, that with using all tips and tricks mentioned above I can reduce the number of crashes. Is it related to how long the flight lasts? My experience is that it can happen to me after 20 min or 2 hours… So quite random how long the flight can last…
Huge thanks to devs, for trying hard to sort so many problems while developing the game further at the same time.

1 Like

Hey, I’m using a Mi Mix 2. I’m experiencing a very similar behaviour, random crashes, however mostly 8 hrs into my flight. However, I also experienced two app crashes right after pushback on empty airports. Weird, as I only have 6 gigs of RAM, on the other side I don’t believe that’s the problem, as I’ve been able to land 15hrs+ ULH flights, with the highest settings - but with airplane count set to none.
Changing the airplane count massively lowered my crash rate. I’m am finally able to fly into busy airspaces.
The crash itself is similar to your experience. Camera change or when I open the map -> black screen, however, my device stays on.
Important to notice, I need to lave and reenter the black screen until the “app crash window” app appears. Only then I can send the crash reports, which don’t seem to find their way to the devs?

Here you can find the crash report

Otherwise, I have to kill the app manually from the task manager screen.
Interestingly, I also installed the game on my Mi Mix 3 which I just got a few days ago, so totally blank, out of the box fresh OS and really tried to stress test the boundaries.
So I attempted the QFA1 from YSSY to an extremely busy EGLL from Monday to Tuesday with a stopover in Darwin. 20hrs of flight time without any issues on max settings, additionall airplane count set to low.
Just out of curiosity I tried the “camera to the sky”-workaround. Before this official statement, I already had a similar idea: selected the atc cam and pointed my camera to the ground. Not sure whether this is actually helping, but heh I had no crashes applying this method. :)
Just a quick reply, I’m too busy atm to provide a full breakdown of my stats and workaround to the devs.

App just crashed on me agin. WSSS -> KJFK, 4 hours In. Getting real tired of this

787- 10

@rico read some posts up, there are a few updates and the team has found the issue and is getting it fixed. Here are sone of the recent updates by the “Main” Developers

Thanks everyone

With Long Haul flights put your graphics on Low and make sure you have low power mode enabled in the setting it should help.

My App just crashed on final for the 3 long haul in a row. I’ve tried everything that was recommended. This is getting ridiculous. I’m on an iPad with the newest IOS update. If there’s any unknown tips I’d love to hear them, would like to be able to fly a long haul again.

2 Likes

Just don’t do long haul or wait until this is finished
You can do short haul can you?