App keep crashing after 19.4 update

iOS 13.3 might have for some helped with RAM Management while others such as @Kiz who reported to have had App Crash after 10hrs flying after iOS 13.3.

I myself updated to 13.3 and turned off Anti-Aliasing. So the question is did 13.3 increase my chances to fly the full flight or did the Anti-Aliasing turned off make the difference? Maybe both, maybe none, and I just got sheer luck.

In the end iOS is one troublesome OS Update, hoping Apple will fix the issues till iOS 14 is out and that they’ll focus more on performance and bug fixes next year.

1 Like

I agree my ipad has the same thing IOS 13.3

1 Like

I never use anti-aliasing because it makes the game lag and the device slow

My app last 2-5 minutes before crashing

I’ve had Anti Aliasing turned on since Global. Not sure if it existed prior to Global. I never checked my settings before Global came out so I don’t really know what settings I played on back in 2014… 🤷‍♂️

I updated to iOS 13.3 and I’m still having the same issue. I can’t do a flight pass 11hrs. Anything below that is fine. Before the update I could go for 17 plus hr and after awhile I’d get the device memory low message but now it just goes straight to the home screen.

3 Likes

Update: App just crashed after about 14 hours.

6 Likes

This was an issue for me even before the update. Apparently some of it has to do with iOS 13 and iOS 13.3 was supposed to help resolve the issue.

After all the updates my app crashed when I started descent after flying for 10 hours and 30 minutes. I was descending into OTHH for FNF and the airspace wasn’t active yet.

I’ll be sticking to the 9-10 hour flight rule (and restarting my ipad mini 4 before each flight). I’ve been able to complete those flights without any issues (and continue to hope so).

any update from developer about this?

So far noting other what has been discussed here has been said. They have not announced that the issues has been fixed yet.

1 Like

Quick note about the crashes. We’re aware that some users of devices with 1GB or 2GB of ram on iOS may experience higher rates of crashes.

We’ve spent a lot of time tracking it down at the end of the release cycle and believe that it is due to memory consumption by a library we are using. Unfortunately, this library is used to compile to iOS and is integral to the app. We cannot roll it back to the previous version due to iOS13/Apple restrictions.

We’re trying to find a way to mitigate this but in the meantime, if you are going to fly long haul, make sure you reduce the following settings:

• Texture Resolution: Low
  • Anti Aliasing: Off
  • Live Aircraft Count: Low to None, None especially on Final.
  • Rendering resolution: Low

Those have to do with memory usage. Lower texture size, lower render resolution, no Anti Aliasing which consumes a lot of memory, etc…

We understand this is not ideal and we are also extremely frustrated by this problem. Rest assured we’re doing the best we can to get this resolved as soon as possible.

33 Likes

Getting a bit fed up of these crashes… that’s two LH flights ruined by crashing in the last few days now.

Nothing had changed, no difference in settings, performed flawlesly prior to the update.

One yesterday KBOS-EIDW in A359, app just closed and died 45 mins from dest.

Other day EGCC-OTHH in A359, app just closed and died on final.

iPad Pro, software up to date. All settings on Medium apart from Res which is on High and yeah… having to change settings is far from ideal when it worked so flawlessly previously.

8 Likes

My game would crash with my iPad Air 2019 (2gb ram), With my iPad Pro 11inch (4gb ram) I be just completed a 12.45 flight no problems. Both devices were updated to the latest iOS and I uninstalled and reinstalled IF. Setting are the same for both graphics set to high, airplane count high, anti-aliasing on. So far I’ve been lucky with my iPad Pro.

1 Like

Ever since turning off Anti Aliasing, things have been running more smoothly, less RAM used, equals successful full Long Haul Flights. Whether iOS 13.3 did a different or not, I’m not sure, that the better RAM Management it is said to have, did it play a role in my 17hr flights, maybe, but mainly, still having Rendering settings on high, airplane count on high, but Anti Aliasing Off, and for me personally, 15-17hrs is GG 🛫

2 Likes

If you’re on approach for a long haul and don’t have a lot of ram, best solution is to lower memory usage until we find a fix, so lowering the airplane count and other settings is the best thing we can advise right now.

We’re just as frustrated as everyone else using the app.

8 Likes

So for now i cant do a long haul? Bcs i use Iphone 6

1 Like

You can but follow those steps. But the iPhone 6 is also at the end of its life

2 Likes

Think Apple just released an update for iOS. Infinite flight isn’t the only app crashing with iOS 13. I think Apple is aware of the issue

1 Like

Negative.

@Captain_JR, turning off anti-aliasing improved things slightly. I was able to do MAD-DOH and DOH-GVA back to back. However, I’ll limit myself to flights <8h

1 Like

Apple Released, iOS 13.3 about 2 days ago, as a part of their continuous update cycle. IO had been BETA Testing 13.3, and during the BETA, one thing I noticed on my iPhone X (The device I use for iOS BETA Tests) was that RAM Management was quite a lot better, with not as many or any apps closing or reloading, when they had been put aside in the background.

Now after 48hrs of Official Release of 13.3, on my 11 Pro Max, I have noticed that things are much smoother, with no background apps needing to reload when. Multi-tasking became a ease for me, someone who constantly moves between multiple tabs.

And as for IF, on my iPad Pro, I noticed that I’m with 13.3, and in combination with turning Anti-Aliasing Off, was able to fly for more than 15hrs. I’m currently doing another 11-12hr flight, and if this one too, goes as planned, then, I can be a bit more sure that 13.3 did indeed fix RAM Management issues to a further extend than what the previous Update 13.2.3 did, but there are still times App Crashes or needs to reload, and this and that, so there are many major flaws left that should hopefully be addressed in future updates.

2 Likes