App Crashing on Final Approach

So I know this is a known problem, but today I was approaching Doha after my 12 Hour flight from Philadelphia and when I was 3 miles out the app crashed. I know that this is a problem but it’s really frustrating to just waste 12 hours to have the app crash. I know that I still will get the XP but I don’t care about my “stats” I have my own logbook I made and not being able to log a 12 hour flight is really frustrating. I have an IPhone 6s with 5 GB which I know is old but I’ve been playing for the past 5 months without a problem. How can I make sure this never happens again because as dumb as this sounds it doesn’t make me want to try any long flights where I might just waste a lot of hours of my life

2 Likes

There’s no way of avoiding it completely, as if as you said a known issue that we’re working on :)

1 Like

Here is some help to get you going :)

3 Likes

They all help but for me, playing on low settings the game barely feels realistic but if that’s what I have to do I guess I might have to

2 Likes

At the moment you might prefer to lower the graphics to lowest and clear plenty of storage before trying any long hauls. You must always expect app crashes, so you may plan something else in the meantime for the duration of the flight.

This happened to me when I was on final at KBOS after a nine hour flight, or on approach after an 8 hour flight with the 787.

2 Likes

It’s just really frustrating that It doesn’t happen on the short 30 min flight from Kona to Honolulu I did yesterday, but It does on the flight I spent a week waiting to do where I took off at 7:45 PM and then at 7:30 AM the next morning it crashes. And I can’t do these ultra long haul flights often because I only have one device so I have to pick and choose when I’m willing to do really long flights

1 Like

It’s just mainly that it ruins Infinite Flight if the game crashes (at least in my opinion) and it doesn’t make me want to renew my subscription if I just keep wasting half of a day when I could be doing so many other things

1 Like

Laura also added this 🙃. I feel your pain, but can’t fully understand it since I don’t have these issues.

1 Like

I cleared up some storage and I now have 4.5 GBs of storage. I’m about to try Kona to San Francisco so hopefully the game doesn’t crash this time

1 Like

I have an iPhone 6 which is fairly old, I tend to refrain from long haul flights and do flights under 5 hours to avoid an image burning onto the screen (which has happened to me, but only temporarily)

1 Like

Just recieved an update on my android device. Is this the fix for this issue?

The app crashing issue when flying is only on ios devices with 1 or 2gb of ram. That hotfix is to address the crashes on android devices which use mediatek cpu’s such as xioami devices.

1 Like

It’s not only on iOS devices with 1 or 2 GB RAM. It’s on iOS devices in general. Just like and issue, some have it while others don’t. Some have it severely, while others quite moderately. Many, including me, who uses a iPad Pro (2018) 3rd Gen, which is a device with 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM (If you have 1TB option), also receives App Crash when doing ULH flights that are longer than 10, 12, 15hrs long.

It is a obvious fact that devices with less RAM, such as those with 1 or 2 GB RAM are more prone to experience App Crashes more often and much earlier into the flight, but the App Crash issue is not only bound to lower end devices. High-end ones, not all but a good amount has issues too. I for instance cannot no matter what, surpass 20hrs, the App will close itself, on my devices with 4GB RAM.

1 Like

No need for several topics about 19.4 crashes.