App Crashing Mid-Flight

Your Callsign

Swiss 15

Was your account linked with IFC in-app at the time of the issue?

_Yes

Version Information

20.2 (465)

Device Information

iPad Pro (1st Gen) 12.9 Inch
IOS 13.6.1

Summary

On a long haul flight from KJFK-LSZH, at time stamp 05:54:19 (flight duration) the infinite flight app crashed mid-flight. Battery levels were normal, 1051 airplanes were on the server, graphics and rendering were set to low (to conserve battery life). Similar problems occurred after the release of 20.1

Steps to reproduce

• Launch IF
  • File Long-Haul Flight Plan
  • _continue to fly until flight duration 05:54:19 or over Ireland

Expected results

App crashes

Actual results

App crashed

More Information

Add any relevant information here (and attach pics and logs if available. If a video is required, do not upload directly to the forum - please use a video streaming service like YouTube, ensuring the link is unlisted)

Did this by any chance happen when EIDW was the hub?
Large number of aircraft may be a factor.

It looks like the result met your expectations, so I see no problem here πŸ™ƒ

Jokes aside, it might have crashed while you were overflying EIDW yesterday. It was extremely busy there therefore there were lots of aircraft. Pointing your camera into the sky would help this.

1 Like

In your post it says you are using build 465. There is a newer build available, 468. Update to that one and try and reproduce the issue.

1 Like

My app crashed during my long haul tonight as well. I don’t really know what was the issue, I departed on a long haul as every other night but when I woke up I got the message that IF crashed.

iPad 10.2 32GB WiFi 2019
iOS 14.0.1
IF version 20.02.00 (468)

2 Likes

I lost 3 long flights because the app closed near the end of the flight.

iPad 9.7 2018
iPadOS 14.0.1
20.2 (468)