App Crashing ios

Hi, I play on an iPhone 6 and the app suddenly crashes, sometimes it doesn’t and I’m able to complete a flight, but I’d say around 75% of the time the app stops and I have to restart it.
I know I’m on a pretty out dated device, but I wanted to know if it’s a problem on my side? Is there anything I can do?

Hi, this is probably due to iphone killing the app because it sucks up too much resources. Try double tapping the home button and swiping up all background apps, restarting your device and lowering the graphics settings

1 Like

Do you restart your device before every flight? If not, that really helps. Also I would close all your apps.

1 Like

100% if it’s crashing i would restart it before each flight!!!

also another one to turn off is low power mode, as it reduces the processor speed etc and basically means that your phone will run much smoother and has a less likely chance of crashing

1 Like

first app crash on 20.1 a few mins ago, 85% into kord-klga, running on iphone 11 pro max, all graphics settings on high, airplane count very high, api pinged by 3 apps (IFAssistant, Infinite Passengers, and IFOperations) this particular flight I was connected to LTE not my home fiber optic fed wi-fi, low power mode on in game and low power mode on iOs battery settings.
Was in Captain cam, switched to the map to tune into airport rwy LOC. Whence i tapped on the airport, the App crashed.

I always clear ram and restart before each flight, hadn’t once experienced an issue with this new version -running every before mentioned settings- on this phone .

1 Like

@Mundea98 what are your graphics settings/airplane count on?

@ariete given KORD yesterday was very busy and is likely to be again today - I recommend turning airplane count to Medium/High - I do this on my iPad Pro (2020) whenever at a very busy airport and it helps. Also don’t have Low Power Mode on - it makes the processor run slower and therefore there is a higher chance of a crash.

1 Like

They’re all on the lowest settings

1 Like

Hmmm…ok…do you have any background apps open?

An app crash usually occurs when there’s an overload and your device simply can’t take it so it crashes. Your device as you said earlier is an older model which can definitely be a huge contributing factor to the crashing you are experiencing. If your running the lowest graphics and are closing your apps out to limit how much stuff is streaming and it’s still happening I really don’t know what to tell you I’m afraid. Infinite Flight is evolving to cater more to the newer devices with more power which ultimately means more features can be added. The newer device the better most of the time in terms of your experience with Infinite Flight. Your device is obviously still supported but you may not get the best experience you can get with Infinite Flight as you would with a more recent model of a device.

1 Like

Also the iPhone 6 does not have the most recent IOS version (the last supported version was 12.4.1 I believe) - we are now on IOS 13.7. It suggests that it may be time to upgrade.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.