App crashes on iPhone XS Max

The app has been crashing a numerous amount of of times since the 19.4 update. I can tell when it happens since the game freezes first and then closes. It happens around 3 times for me every 30 minutes, sometimes it comes back out of the freeze and let’s me play again.

Please tell me others are experiencing this too as it’s very frustrating when you’re trying the a350 out and the app crashes just after takeoff.

is your wifi good? my game freeze on ipad and quit when internet bad connection.

It’s not bad but I can maintain good speeds when browsing the web etc. I thought bad internet speeds caused lag spikes and microstuttering, not full blown crashes

Do you have many apps running in the background and is there a chance this gets worse around busier airports?

I use an iphone 7 plus and it has never crashed until the update. The app has also crashed for several other people I know too.

1 Like

Apple hasn’t helped with their dumpster fire of an operating system version 13 either. It’s a performance hog to be honest. Whatever their plan was it surely has impacted mobile gaming and simulation.

4 Likes

I had my first App-Crash in Two Years Time after flying for 11hr with only less than 30mins renaming till landing at Doha… well my first long haul with the A350 just shut it self down :(

Only other time I would have game crash prior to 19.4 is when I pushed the limits and flew for 50, 60, 70 hours in one session.

3 Likes

Yea its frustrating, i was 15 mins out from landing my first long haul A350 flight and the app froze and crashed. I had to reboot my phone because the app wouldn’t even load…

2 Likes

I’m right now doing a Short Haul, I have brought my airplane count to Medium, not that it caused any performance issues, after 19.4 so far (in the past 24hrs, in very crowded airspaces), but I also disabled my Anti-Aliasing, so I’ll try a Long Haul again tomorrow with China Eastern, and see what happens :)

That’s frustrating, to say the least. It felt like I woke in the morning, and had done everything so perfectly, pushback, taxi, takeoff, all the departure procedures from Tokyo was spot on, and then as I near Doha, just south of Iran… I look to my left, and there my iPad was on the home screen…

2 Likes

Yea the whole flight was perfect, i was making my descent and my game froze and crashed. I was not happy…

2 Likes

I hope they are able to find a solution to this issue. Otherwise, I kinda do feel limited after such a huge update being rolled out, and I’m along with many others not able to fly Long Hauls which one of many key selling points with the A350 :)

2 Likes

Yea I agree with you, i want to do long hauls but i feel kind of restricted…

1 Like

Hey!

Just wanted to chime in here.
Yes, we are aware of a slightly increased crash rate on 19.4 with iOS. The cause of this is not 19.4 directly, but a framework used together with iOS 13 that is leaking a substantial amount of memory. The less RAM your iOS device is equipped with, the greater is the risk of being affected.

Now more than ever, the steps quoted should be followed when attempting a longer flight as it will greatly reduce the risks of experiencing a crash.

Of course we are working hard to find a way to resolve it, but please try the steps above in the mean time.

7 Likes

Thanks Seb for your answer. I followed those steps (i.e. Restarting my Device, etc…) prior to starting my current flight I’m in now. Hopefully, most of the flight will be fine, I’ll do multiple short hops in Asia just to see how well it fairs :)

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply Seb, it’s a good thing we know why it’s happening, I’ll follow the steps you advised before I’ll take off again.

See you in the skies!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.