App Crashes either on Final approach or Landing

Hello!

So, lately it seems that my brand new IPad is causing the game to crash. Now, this has mostly happened every Friday. It’s very weird though. Could it possibly be the 60fps causing this to happen but my device can handle 60fps?

In-Game Settings:

Rendering Quality: High
3D Object Density : High
Rendering Resolution : High
Texture Quality: High
Anti-Aliasing: Off
Frame Rate : 60FPS
Airplane Count: Very High

Device Info

IPad 10.2
IOS 15.1

1 Like

Hey! I am not too experienced in why it was crashing, but just a tip so you don’t get notifications about a software update in flight as it can pause, please update your device to iOS 15.3 as you are currently on 15.1, if you do lots of overnights make sure to update.

1 Like

Ok, thank you! I didn’t know that came out

1 Like

Sure thing! Yeah, it just sneaks up into your device sometimes haha, have a great day!

1 Like

You as well!

1 Like

Thanks! :)

1 Like

I would also recommend lowering this setting to 30 fps. There really isn’t a noticeable difference and you very well might observe the back of your device isn’t building up as much heat.

You mentioned that this is happening on Friday’s recently, is this mostly during long-haul flights? Do you have Low Power Mode enabled in your General Settings and do you lower your screen brightness during cruise?

1 Like

It has crashed 1-2 times for long haul flights. One was on a different day

No and yes. What does low power mode do?

When you are at cruise, the fps will drop even lower which should keep your device cooler while charging and doesn’t put as much of a strain on your chipset. As soon as you touch your screen, it will bump back up to the 30 fps setting.

1 Like

Ok, and I feel like 30fps is too slow for my device when I tried it. I do wish there was like a 45fps or you can pick your own fps for your own device that will make it run smoothly

Now quick question. Could it be the very high airplane count that could be causing this?

1 Like

It’s the effects from the update that they’ll be pushing though in the few days to come! 😎🤙

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.