App crashes at dense traffic areas at new airports

Hi! Just landed at Hartsfield Atlanta Intl and IF crashed shortly before I got to park at the gate. Probably because of the dense traffic. Is there anything I can do to prevent this in the future ? I’ve already set all my settings/graphics etc to the lowest level. I’m willing to get a newer and more efficient/capable iPad if needed so I can keep flying comfortably. Any new iPads out with higher performance ? Any suggestions ? IF is evolving continuously and I think it’s time for a new device

2 Likes

Lowering your Aircraft Count to Low or None could be helpful when it is really busy. Just make sure you have your Minimap open or keep airplane dots on so that you can see other aircraft while taxiing.

1 Like

I have a iPad 9th Generation, runs very well.

1 Like

Good point! I’ll try it out. Thanks for the advice 🙂

My iPad is quite new also. I’ve bought it about 1-2 years ago. Did any new devices come out in the last 2 years ? What year did this “9th generation” device come out ? And is there any source on the device where I can see what model/version it is and what performance specifications it has ?

1 Like

9th gen iPad is one of the latest released. it does use a slightly outdated SoC (System on Chip, contains your CPU, GPU, etc) but it should put up well with IF for a number of years to come

To check what kind of device you have, for iOS at least, go to Settings > general > about and then find model name. For finding the specific specs, just look up “[your device model] specs” minus quotations

1 Like

It came out September 2021, I like it, good performance, good price but not as expensive or powerful as the M1 iPads, however the M1 iPads overheat badly and I do not recommend.

1 Like

Roger that, thanks for the information! 🙂

Roger that, thanks for the information 🙂

I noticed this very same problem upon arriving at KATL. The game started lagging and would freeze up eve so often but didn’t crash. I’m currently running an iPad Pro 1st Gen and my settings were high ( 60fps etc ). iPad Pro 3rd gen mate. Should do you ok. But also have to factor in the server internet speed etc in relation to IF itself.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s an iPad issue, mine crashed when i was about to land, same airport KATL.

1 Like

mine had crashed just a minute after I landed at KATL

1 Like

Thanks for the information mate! I’ve got an iPad 6th generation. It doesn’t mention the word “Pro” in the information and specs - is there a non-Pro version of iPad or is it considered a Pro version even though it is not mentioned ?

1 Like

You need the word pro. Unless it says so it’s not. Apple has iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPad Pro series devices.

1 Like

My app has just crashed at KLAX as I was about to touch down after an 18hr flight. This is getting a bit frustrating. Are there any issues picked up so far wrt this problem with iPads perhaps?

1 Like

@Emmanuel_Mgilane It is very frustrating indeed mate! I just went to the store and bought me a new iPad Pro. As soon as I explained the thing about the continuous updates coming to IF they immediately said that my device is slowly becoming too weak. Fact is, the more the softwares are evolving, so is the hardware. More content needs higher performance. I don’t think that it’s an Infinite Flight issue but rather a device, performance and compatibility model thing…

@Bparker268 thanks for clarifying mate 😊

Well @MichaelMetaxas I guess i will have to upgrade to the latest model then if this persists.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.