App Crashes After disconnecting to wifi

Hello! I am IFYT-MA4677

So recently I have been having issues with app crashes, I even made my graphics settings on low, Switched of Anti-Aliasing and the Live Aircraft Count to None, But for some reason, When I do overnight long hauls (Which worked fine by the way two days ago)

I wake up to find my infinite flight crashed, And my iPad disconnected to wifi, I could not enter infinite flight without reconnecting to my wifi (obviously). I have seen only one post regarding this particular issue. Btw I did the same flight twice and it failed both the times.

Please help me out on this issue, Feel free to leave long haul tips as well since I’m new to long haul

IFYT
MA4677

2 Likes

Hey there! Welcome to the community!

As far as I’m aware of, Infinite Flight doesn’t cope well with recurring disconnects/connects as that’s not how it’s been designed.

If I understand your issue correctly and account for all aspects, my recommendation would be to ensure you have a stable connection and your device remains connected. If you’re uncertain about the reliability of your connection, restart your modem/router as well as your device. This will help to clear any glitches or bugs that may be occurring.

2 Likes

Hello there! I will be sure to check the Connectivity end of the issue, But I remember whenever I get disconnected My flight would still go on, I found this pretty weird but I’ll take your advice and try fixing up my wifi, Thank you!

1 Like

Continuing on to what @Z-Tube said, I believe the time limit for reconnection is 3 minutes (give or take). After that, it is not possible to reconnect. This is to keep reconnecting planes from popping up randomly, possibly interfering with the game and ATC. You can still finish the flight, but it’ll basically be a solo.

2 Likes

There’s a limit I believe for how long the flight will continue. If you get disconnected for a long period of time, IF will not like it. Usually, you’ll get a pop up message if that happens that says stay online for the future

1 Like

You can also try shuffling to different parts of your house. WiFi dead spots do exist, and a particular location in your house may be the reason for the disconnects. I’d try to do the flight at a place in your house where you’re confident the connection is 100%, and see what happens then!

1 Like

Your flight will continue, however like the others have said, it’ll be offline. The reason for this (like what @bcc.123 said) is because if Infinite Flight cannot connect to the sever in a timely manner, random aircraft will start disappearing and then reappearing. This would be a major issue in a busy area like an ATC controlled environment.

2 Likes