App Crash in cruise; KRIC-KMEM

Your Callsign

Fedex 811

Was your account linked with IFC in-app at the time of the issue?

Yes

Version Information

20.2 (465)

Device Information

_ IPad 5th Generation_
Software version 13.6.1

Summary

_ I was conducting a flight from KRIC to KMEM. I was flying a MD-11F. 33.7 cargo, 44.8 fuel. I was running two third party apps, infinite flight assistant and IF operations. Cruising altitude was at FL400 at Mach .86. Route was: KALLI6 SANNY DCT SOT DCT GQO DCT TALLO VANZE2. Graphics settings were high on rendering quality and resolution. Don’t believe texture quality was available, but if it was, it was on high. Anti-aliasing was not on and frame rate was limited._

Steps to reproduce

• Launch IF
  • Launch IF assistant and IF operations
  • Load the fuel and cargo weights
  • Pushback, start engine, have IF assistant calculate V-speeds
    *Takeoff RWY 2 following the KALLI6 departure procedure, climbing up to FL400 before SANNY
    *Cruise at Mach 0.86 and cruise for around 2-4 minutes, then the app crashed

Expected results

Continued cruise then descent via the VANZE2 arrival, plug in the speed requirements into IF assistant

Actual results

Crashed about 1 1/2 minutes into cruise at FL400

More Information

Add any relevant information here (and attach pics and logs if available. If a video is required, do not upload directly to the forum - please use a video streaming service like YouTube, ensuring the link is unlisted)

Are you actually able to reproduce this app crash, or was it a random, one-time thing?

I did not reproduce the incident, however the app did crash before when I was first exploring the 777F, and the third party app IF assistant was also running. I am inclined to believe it is because of the communication between the third party. This is simply an example of the same crash happening with a different aeroplane.

Thanks for the report! I’m closing this because there’s not a clear repro case, but let me know if you find one

1 Like