App continuously crashing on final

Hi,

If its not been raised already, the last 3 flights I have done I Haven’t been able to land, because the app crashes on final approach. I’m using an iPad Pro 9.7, so its no old device, on the latest software update. Also, 2 of the 3 I was using APPR as well. Maybe something linked?

Thanks

I think it may be some glitches not on your end, but in all my past flights so far the app hasn’t crashed on approach.

1 Like

Hi!

I have the same device, and can’t say i experience the same issues.
I always clear out RAM before initiating a flight though, especially longer ones.
If i’m not mistaken, you know how to do that?

Otherwise, a reinstall might solve it.

3 Likes

If by clear out RAM, you mean, shut apps, then I always do that anyway. If not then please explain. :)

The same has happened to me, but that’s when i try to load a in flight.

1 Like

Hold down the power/lock button until you see “Swipe to turn off…”, at that point you just hold down the Home button until you’re returned to the home screen. Voila!

6 Likes

Oh wow never knew that, ill do that and report back soon, got a group flight later, so will be able to confirm if that works.

1 Like

It could be that your running low on device storage and begins to run slow, then crash.

1 Like

I have the same problem as Ben. My app keeps crashing really late into the flight. I have enabled the „show performance metrics“ and I have cleared the RAM as mentioned above and I have unistalled and reinstalled the app however the Memory still shows that I only have 40ish GB. How can I get that to over 1GB? Any other advice?

I am on an iPad Air and I am running iOS 11.0.3.

I also put all the settings down to low, turned off anti–aliasing and limited the framerates.

1 Like

Awesome it worked! Thanks for the help mate 😊😊

2 Likes

Nice to hear! :) Happy flying!

2 Likes