Good evening community!
I am currently having issues when I try to spawn into a gate at any airport. After I choose my airport/aircraft and click fly, the app closes. I have tried re-starting my device and closing the app and re-opening it, but it is still crashing whenever I hit fly. I am currently using the 2018 IPad.
Could you try out the solutions listed below as well as in this thread: Support FAQ 2019 - Please read this before posting!
What do I do if I experience app crashes or lag?
General tips regardless of device:
- Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.
- Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.
- Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.
- It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.
- Disable active ad or message blocking apps
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
- Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
- Lower the Rendering Resolution setting.
- Disable Anti-Aliasing.
- Lower the Rendering Quality setting.
- Lower the Texture Quality setting.
At any point if you’re experiencing decreased performance, “Limit frame rate” should always be ticked. This setting can have a great negative impact on performance unless your device is considered high performance.
General iOS tips:
- One great thing to do before launching Infinite Flight, is to perform a soft restart of the device. This is a quick and reliable way of making sure your device is operating at peak efficiency. This is done by holding down the power/lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. Then hold down the home button until you’re returned to the home screen. For iOS devices without a Home button, a restart is recommended as the soft restart feature does not exist on those.
- Make sure you don’t have “Low power mode” on your iPhone. If you have, the battery icon in the top right corner is yellow. This can be deactivated from Settings -> Battery, or from “Control Center” depending on how you have it set up. Having “Low power mode” enabled while using Infinite Flight could result in a performance degradation.
Note : This is not the same as “Low power mode” in Infinite Flight. This is a device function.
If none of the suggestions above helps:
As a final resort, reinstall infinite flight
Yes I have tried this and this is the first time I am ever experiencing problems on this device. I have never had an issue with it closing/frame rate issues/ or lag.
If you have tried everything above then the best thing you should do is reinstall infinite flight and see if that fixes it.
Sometimes files get corrupted and there’s nothing you can do. I am not saying you should uninstall the app but that might be the problem. If you do make sure to save any replays you want to keep.
Re-installing it indeed worked. Thank you, mod may now close.
Glad it’s been resolved :)