AP buttons on the right side

I updated my sim yesterday, and suddenly all the Altitude, APPR/NAV, heading, vertical speed etc buttons are on the left side, and is it suppose to be like that? I would love it if you can change it so all buttons end up on the right side as it was before the update. Having it on the left side really blocks the exterior side-view of the plane when you zoom in.

2 Likes

Hey :)

What device are you using?

I have an Iphone 7 Plus, ill upload a pictue to show you, as you see it is on the left side and blocks the view
INFINITE FLIGHT AVENSA

1 Like

I guess that’s how it is supposed to be on all phones, it has always been like that on my iPhone 7 Plus.

2 Likes

It’s device-dependent. Some devices have them all on the right, others not. It’s not something that will be “fixed” with a support ticket.

It’s just a new layout that some will have to get used to with the some of the new build. (I am one of those one one of my devices.)

There’s nothing wrong with your phone, specifically. Just a new reality.

On my 7 plus the controls were always on the right side of the display. Now after the update it changed, I mean it’s not too bad but at least they could have changed it in a way so you actually can see what you are changing. It’s really annoying to change the heading for example in AP because the little box is on the left where it’s covered by my thumb. The updated layout would be nice if the box would come to the right side when you push it so you can see what you are doing.

2 Likes

thats the case for me as well, before the update it was on the right side. Unfortunately they probably cant do anything about it which is sad, it really bugs me

Devices with screens less than 6 inches (15.24 cm) now have these controls on the left. This was an intended change.

1 Like

Well thats a bummer :c

I’d hope it stayed on the right side, its really inconvenient now and makes the screen appear more cluttered and less spacious :C

2 Likes

yes it is… i think so too, the screen looks way more messy now, and as i stated in the post, it really blocks the exterior view when you zoom in to

1 Like

@Laura @philippe
Moving A/P buttons to the left side for mobile devices is not bad itself. The only bad thing is that we cannot see what we change behind our thumbs. You just moved the buttons but you didn’t change their structures. As one of friends said, when we want to change altitude, heading and V/S we cannot see the changing numbers because our thumbs mask them whereas changing Trim and Flaps buttons on the right side are easily seen. As I know @Tyler_Shelton use iPhone 7+ like me. Please ask him to check this problem.

1 Like

Unfortunately, as @dush19 stated, your device is not compatible with the right side AP controls. What you can try, is reducing your font size, or display size. This did the trick for me a couple of times, but in my recent trials this has not worked. Hope this helps! Have a great day.
-Amego

Please avoid tagging moderators!

1 Like

I understand that now and realize there is nothing to be done with it, so i will have to get used to it. But i dont understand, how come it was on the right side before the update? Why isnt it compatible with the right side AP controls anymore?

I don’t really care because it’s all I’ve ever known. I’ve always played on my phone. Don’t worry y’all’ll get used to it.

2 Likes

I think this change has to do something with the iPhone X, probably not.

I think the new layout is not bad, but as others said, it’s really frustrating that we can’t actually see what we are changing. If the boxes could appear on the right hand side of the AP buttons instead of underneath our thumb, that could easily solve the problem.

Remember, changing the screen resolution is not an option on every device and probably won’t solve the issue anyway.

On the other hand, with all respect to the developers, the “get used to it” attitude is also not a solution to this issue.
I hope they will realise and understand the struggle that effects thousands of people and will consider making some changes.

Or, the most simplest solution: forget the autopilot! The new era of handflying has arrived! :)

1 Like