AOA glitch?

So this happens to me a lot, and I thought I’d post it here. On the ground my AOA is super glitchy giving erratic readings. For example:

image (taken at Toulouse)

And here is it working normally on the ground:

And finally, here is it working normally in flight:

Any ideas on how to fix this would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance!

To be honest I don’t know if it’s necessary to fix this bug. I mean if the indicator works fine during the actual flight so everything would be fine for me. I just wouldn’t pay attention to it if I’m not needing the indications. But that just me.

2 Likes

I actually have the same issue rather regularly on ground while taxiing or after landing while decelerating. Not sure what causes it!

2 Likes

I don’t think that it’s a big deal on the ground since there’s no real concern for the amount of lift being generated by the wings. I’d be More concerned if this was an issue during flight in which a stall could occur if there wasn’t enough lift.

3 Likes

I tried reproducing this at LFBO and the best AOA I could get on the ground was -2. Are you noticing any other anomalies when you see the negative AOA such as terrain not rendering or the wind changing speeds erratically?

1 Like

Nope, but I do always get that exact number, -5157°. It’s kind of odd, but it’s not a major issue.

Definitely odd, and it’s difficult to reproduce so far.

Yeah, I don’t think I do anything to cause it, it just kinda happens, then works perfectly fine inflight.

1 Like

One last thing, does it show up in your replays?

1 Like

Gimme a sec…

1 Like

Ok, I can’t find the stats, but I’ve attached the file here: Share My Infinite Flight

At 12:18:18 it appears you might have been experiencing some connectivity issues (the aircraft did what we call “rubberband” for a brief period while taxing to the runway. I couldn’t see the AOA with the replay ribbon locking the info bar at the bottom. Do you experience connection issues with your WiFi intermittently?

During the rubberband, your altitude changed rapidly to +87 relative to zero and then went as low as -387.

1 Like

Also note, I just followed your path on the taxiway and the pavement levels seems okay so I don’t think the scenery file is corrupt for this airport.

You could try clearing your scenery cache (make sure you clear scenery before you launch your flight then spawn in), resetting your WiFi and then see if you are still having issues. Worse case scenario, I would say backup your replay files if you still want them and reinstall Infinite Flight.

1 Like

Occasionally I get WiFi issues, I’ve just moved and my internet provider is being cruddy as always! I’ll try your advice and see if it works!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.