Anyone know the A330-300 update whereabouts?

So it’s been like 2 months now and now posts in the timeline regarding the A330 and I just want to know like how much more WIP is gonna be needed? Like maybe a sneak peek or teaser or something

5 Likes

We don’t know. There have been some reports of can not be seen A330s

Remember its coming when its ready, just a bit of patience will get you there 😉

1 Like

Paciants is not what I am worried about I am just worried like why have we not been able to see anything regarding the update no one asking about no one even attempting to ask about it

6 Likes

I’m actually wondering the same thing lol.

I mean, it certainly wouldn’t be surprising if they just full sent it to the finishing product without any public reveals.

4 Likes

At the quality IF produces at, it takes a few months to even get it out of the workshop. Lots of details and other aspects go into the model. The A350 took around 6+ months from start to finish in the workshop and that plane doesn’t even have a cabin. That’s excluding testing time as well. The team when they are comfortable, will share the progress. They may not want to post this early on for whatever reason they have.

6 Likes

Yeah but the A350 was an addition the A330 is an upgrade like the 777s got updates with in 3-4 months the 757-200 1-2 months so why would the A330 need like 6-8 months? The only thing I would say might be taking so long is project metal

2 Likes

Alright let’s talk about this! So the 777 took like 9 months from start to finish. They were keeping us up to date on progress very early on. The 757 was already done and in the pipeline and no one knew about it until like 1 month before it got released so they didn’t keep us up to date with that project and that’s why it took such a short time with the public being aware of it. It took just as much time as any other plane usually would take. Also, just because it’s an “upgrade” or rework doesn’t mean they can just modify the current aircraft model. They build from the ground up with a brand new fuselage and aircraft to allow for their standards today to be added to the plane itself. Hope this clears up some questions you may have!

2 Likes

In the Instagram the said thay are working. But nothing more)

Maybe they are trying to get project metal out then release the A330 update with project metal because I believe they said with project metal it makes releasing updates much easier so maybe that is the case they might want to use the a330 update as a test subject for project metal

1 Like

They have separate people working on Metal and the plane itself. There can be multiple projects going on at once with different team members working on an individual project themselves or with other team members. Like for example, the aircraft builders like Jarno doesn’t work on metal or servers for example as far as I know.

1 Like

I’ve also been wondering about this. I feel like we would’ve gotten a teaser or something by now. We don’t even know what 21.1 will even contain yet. I miss checking the IFC regularly to see if the tracking threads have updated. Feels like there just isn’t any hype for 21.1 right now because of the little news we have on it so far :/

1 Like

Maybe because the dont have enough to make us hyped because they are trying to either surprise us or make sure we are hyped for as much progress as possible so it might be there is not enough

It seems all of you have forgotten that the first 777 rework (772) didn’t come out until June ;)

4 Likes

That’s kind of my main concern. I don’t want to wait that long again. And we also had plenty of teasers around this time last year for 20.1. It’s been pretty much radio silence for the A330 and 21.1.

2 Likes

Also, remember that with today’s WestJet 787-9 announcement and new liveries coming up for some planes, they may be just waiting for the right time to surprise us with the A333 news we all want! Just be patient & I’m sure you’ll see the A333 in-game in no time :)

2 Likes

well the difference is, is that it is 2021. Not everything is up to standards from one year ago today and now in terms of update progression.

I think you’d much rather wait for a high-quality, pristine product rather than a rushed project that isn’t up to standards. I understand you want the A330, but obviously there’s a lot going on behind the scenes at Infinite Flight as well. Not to mention that we’ve been (and still are) in a global crisis, so as with most things in our world today, things have changed. For now, go out and enjoy some of the other aircraft options available in the simulator :)

2 Likes

Lol true. This is so funny

Two days from now is too soon for the A330, and likely too soon for a wip shot

4 Likes

The update is somewhere in the universe but as Infinite Flight tradition no time frame in case of unexpected bugs.

2 Likes