Anyone in Civil Air Patrol?

Hi, I was thinking of joining the CAP and was wondering what it was like To be in.

5 Likes

I believe @anon38496261 is along with @KennedyTurner

6 Likes

You would be correct, sir!

I am a Cadet First Lieutenant who is proud to have been a part of this program for three years, and counting!

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll pm you guys and we can talk.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s awesome.

3 Likes

@DiamondGaming4 @Altaria55 look

3 Likes

Yeah I’m in CAP, it sucks tho.

Like, we get to fly airplanes, which is lame sauce.

Yesterday I got to secure a landing zone for a Life Flight helicopter. So dumb.

I also get to marshal airplanes, which is fun, but fun is for boring people.

Overall, CAP has a lot of uninteresting stuff to do. I mean, if you’re one of those weirdos that’s into aviation, maybe you’ll enjoy it.

#Sarcasm

12 Likes

@DiamondGaming4. MaxSez: “ Sarcasm” is not the best recruiting tool. Spent some time with the CAP in my youth. Learned a lot and utilized the experience as a SAR coordinator a few times. CAP Membership is a door opener for those who dare. G’day Max
(Info @BadPlane)

6 Likes

Awesome. The one I’m thinking of joining is at a National Guard Base. There’s one at Austin airport but that’s too far

3 Likes

CAP’s great. I’ve been in for five years, and am currently a Captain. It looks great on your resume, you can learn to fly planes, and a whole bunch more cool stuff.

4 Likes

So you went in youth? I am hoping to join as well, I am 13 and wanting to join, what do you do as a junior cadet?

1 Like

@November-Kilo16… MaxSez: Here’s the link. All you need to know:
Max

[United States Air Force Auxiliary | Civil Air Patrol …]

(https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/)

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/cap-unit-locator

5 Likes

Thx guys. Hope to join soon

1 Like

That so great to hear! Feel free to ask your fellow cadets, including us on IFC, any questions you may have!

1 Like

Well said, sir!

2 Likes

does anyone work for CAP and is a youth if possible are any of you in Oregon? And what do youths do

Check out previous posts on this thread, that’s why this thread was created

Yes I was looking for youths and what they do no one has explained that. And if anyone was in Oregon

Like this?

Most meetings begin with formation, then inspections. After that is flight time where we drill or have a class taught by our flight staff. Then we do a class taught by the senior members, which is either Safety, Aersospace, or Leadership (depending on the day of the week). There’s also a PT (physical training week).

Other activities include Encampment, Search And Rescue Exercises, flying, national training schools, squadron activities, etc, etc.

2 Likes