Anyone else think IFATC Schedule is weird?

Does anyone else think the IFATC schedule this week is weird. They usually have a list of cities but this week it’s just one city listed for half the week and then the other half are two cities on the opposite side of the world. Also, Infinite Flight Instagram never posted the schedule as they usually do. Anyone else think it’s a little odd? Any ideas on what’s happening?

1 Like

It’s probably to give us controllers more freedom to choose where we want to open.

18 Likes

I think Tyler is experimenting with different ways to make the schedule to see what appeals to everyone.

8 Likes

Yeah, Although it is a little bit different it is to give controllers a bit more freedom this week. Reminds me of the old schedules though. I quite like it

1 Like

I’ve never seen them post this before?

8 Likes

They do for their FnF

1 Like

Yes, but not for the weekly ATC schedule.

6 Likes

Your right about that

1 Like

Infinite Flight’s social media has never posted the IFATC schedule. Instagram has a character limit, which the amount of text in a IFATC schedule would easily meet.

The IF Instagram has enver posted the ATC schedule. If you mean the FNF, they get posted the day before the event. It’s so that Misha gets time to think of something creative ;)

2 Likes

Im liking the ATC schedule, even though it’s only the first day lol, it gives controllers way more airports that they could possibly open

1 Like

I think the IFATC schedule is definitely different to the normal desicions, but I guess we’re still exploring!

Ps. Don’t go to Denpasar tommorow, go to Jakarta or somewhere with a larger controllable space, and if you do risk going to Denpasar, pack about 20 hours extra fuel ;) 😂

6 Likes

Bali will be guaranteed chaos as it’s a singular runway.

1 Runway + the airport being a hub = Does not mix.

5 Likes

Gatwick is a hub sometimes and that works

1 Like

It was one of the busiest the other day. I can say that was chaos too.

3 Likes

Ah right, wasn’t there that day

2 Likes

Gatwick really works as a secondary airport but I treat it as a main hub and fly through it all the time since, well, it’s my home.

2 Likes

Yeah, it certainly surprised me, but I quite like it. I think it is nice for controllers to pick where they control, not have such regimented options. The onlny downside I suppose is that obviously, us pilotss won’t know where they are going to be unless we happen to see the tracker, or there is a “You’re guide to IFATC Choice” every day. But then, that could be even better because in trackers or that topic, we’ll see scheduled times to give us a better picture. So yeah, I like it. It will also keep the traffic density down because everyone will be flying different routes - although it may be into the hub which will just cause an unorganised fly in so, it’s debatable. I’m sure Tyler will run a poll or something once he’s finished experimenting with the schedule.

1 Like

There is the Expert Server IFATC Tracking Thread which can be helpful to knowing when/where an airport is going to be open and can help pilots plan ahead.

1 Like

Personally, I like the vast possibilities that ATC choice opens.

One question, on a regular basis, are IFATC able to open whatever they want? Like, is the schedule just a strong recommendation of picked airports?

2 Likes