Any tips on circumnavigating the world?

I’m planning to fly the entire globe particularly in a light aircraft. I’m thinking of basing it off of sight seeing. Any tips for the journey? Perhaps any airports I could visit? What server would you recommend doing it in?

Expert for sure ;)

1 Like

The Airports in South America and near the Himalayas give you some spectacular views.

1 Like

If you want to (mainly) stay in the northern hemisphere I would recommend to fly in Eastern direction as this will enable you to use the Jetstream to increase reach!

2 Likes

For coastal views, I think the best airports would be in Australia.

2 Likes

The hardest part will most probably be crossing the Atlantic, especially in a light aircraft. I recommend putting lots of effort in planning that part. Also Africa is the most beautiful continent from above in my opinion. You’ll find deserts like the Sahara, which aren’t look as boring as you think but also jungles and mountain ranges. If you want to fly to airports you know though, I would recommend using Europe on your way (especially airports like Innsbruck and Munich offer beautiful views on the way there)

1 Like

You must come to Switzerland, Samedan Engadin Airport (LSZS) for example. Beautiful view and a nice approach.

1 Like

Don’t forget the food and drinks! 😉

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

2 Likes

This might help out alot. This is the route that the Silver Spitfire took for its round the world trip back 2 years ago. This will help as this is a short range light aircraft too and it gives you a list of all the airports / towns it visited to get around the world. Hope you have fun and enjoy the trip !!

What aircraft do you hope to complete this trip in ??

4 Likes

I hope to complete it in a TBM 930

1 Like

You can find a RL exemple here:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll have a look

1 Like

If your flying around the world and you’re taking off and landing at the same airport make sure you have a waypoint on the opposite site also if possible fly w a tail wind.

Im doing that right now in a TBM, Just fly homie

I would recommend to fly in causal because you don’t wanna to have lv 3 report and end up you journey

I recommend making a plan for the whole trip before you start. Don’t make the routes really long but don’t make them really short. It will take an eternity to circumnavigate if you plan a lot of 1 hour max flights.

Biggest tip is to go on skyvector and plan out a route for crossing pacific and atlantic. For pacific I’m pretty sure going north is required. For atlantic it is possible to either go via greeland and iceland or to cross south via FHAW and FHSH.