Any tips for my practical test?

passed my written test a few days ago, now i have to do my practical. Let me know if yall have some good tips!!

3 Likes

Request a trainer to help you practice. Practice makes perfect :)

2 Likes

yup i requested one already lol hopefully that will help thanks!

As @G_Captain pointed out, you can reach out your recruiter and ask for a trainer and get some practice sessions before you go to your real practical, these trainers have been in IFATC for a long long time so they know what is evaluated and when will you be ready.

I’d not recommend to go to the practical without training, have been in those before and trust me, it only make us laugh.

4 Likes

It definitely helps. Make sure to rewatch the replays with feedback you receive again and again. Draw lessons from the mistakes and avoid same things from happing in next session :)

2 Likes

Alright thanks!! 🙏

Don’t be afraid to ask your recruiter/trainer questions if there’s a particular thing you don’t understand. They are your first port of call, and are there to help you to succeed.

3 Likes

I second all of the people recommending you to get a trainer, they are actually amazing.

2 Likes

Yeah im going to try to ask as many questions as i can just to make sure. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yess, i told my recruiter i want a training and now he put me on the waitlist. Hopefully it wont take long. I wonder how many trainers there are in total

2 Likes

I was told by my recruiter before I got assigned to my trainer that the waitlist could take from a day to a month, apparently they’re quite busy.

If you’re eager to get into practicing for it you could make an ATC thread, I’m planning on making one myself to train myself up a bit more.

2 Likes

Congrats on passing your written test, I can’t wait to see you start training soon!

To add to what others have mentioned, if you haven’t already, please watch this video Perfect ATC Test and pay close attention to details and what the controller does and take notes. Once you start training, you will be that controller controlling all those aircraft on that video and do everything that is shown there, there is no difference to the actual sessions. The more prepared you are, the faster you will pass training and be on your way to testing. Ultimately, as mentioned in the ATC training topic, A trainer should not be used to learn all aspects of ATC, take it more like a pre-test or mock practical. So, make yourself prepared before actually starting training by using all the available resources and asking many questions.

Good luck!

Wow! a month is pretty crazy. I guess they are short on trainers. Yeah making a thread might help tbh instead of waiting up to a month

1 Like

44 trainers, 70 trainees in training, and 11 on the waitlist. Your availability makes the difference as to how long it takes to get picked up.

8 Likes

ohh damn. Makes sense now

1 Like

LMAO

I actually did a practice exam without training, and did “suprisingly well for someone who hasn’t had any training” but failed (and got a reduced cooldown so that was nice). But ye, it’s a gamble if you’re not sure how good you are.

Take your time. If you rush and fail, it’ll take longer than if you study. Please please please watch Tyler’s video. It will help so much! It helps you to see what the practical should be like.

1 Like

The practical will be like the final training sessions you will receive from your trainer, so don’t fret! Everything that you learn from training will be in the practical so there will be no surprises in the actual practical, so if you do well in the training process, you will do well in the practical as long as you don’t let anxiousness overcome you

1 Like

Oh alright im happy in doing trainings then lol

Im sure i will fail if i dont do trainings anyway

1 Like

Alright thanks!

1 Like