Any tips for flying business class

Flying business doesn’t mean you need to dress in the way you described.

It’s like saying “just because I have a Ferrari, I shouldn’t wear shorts while driving it”. But if I’m driving a Ford Focus it’s allowed? Just because I pay more doesn’t mean I need to dress more.

I’m flying business tomorrow and I’m wearing shorts and a T-shirt.

Furthermore, I have never experienced people “giving me the looks” whenever I fly business. It’s not a rivalry between different economic classes…

5 Likes

I would do that on a First Class Flight on Emirates or something. 😎

Business class is simply like Economy, but much better seating, legroom, functionality, food, entertainment etc.

Treat everyone with respect. Just because you are in business class doesn’t mean you have the right to be rude to the crew or other passengers.

Enjoy the experience!

@Kuba_Jaroszczyk @Chatta290 @Maxim next time you guys fly check out the people in business class… they will be dressed nicely. On top of that, flying isn’t a right, it’s a privilege.

1 Like

I fly business relatively frequently and what you’re saying is not accurate. Those flying in suits probably fly for work, so it’s simply easier for them to fly in suits.

Are there any sources for what you’re saying? Who says I can’t wear shorts and a t-shirt? If I’m flying to Alaska it would make sense to put jeans on, but if I am flying to Cyprus where it’s 35 degrees, I think I’ll pass.

The point about “if everyone is flying nicely, I must too” is not great. If everyone started killing babies, does that mean I should too?

“Flying is not a right but a privilage”. Okay so? Does that mean whenever I use a bus I should wear a suit?

Just wear whatever is comfortable.

3 Likes

There’s literally no difference, it’s not the 1960’s, you don’t need to dress any nicer than you would in Economy. There’s no reason to ask how you should act on a plane in general, much less if you’ve already flown before.

3 Likes

I don’t really see people dress very nicely they just have there nice causal clothing on.
In fact one time I saw someone in pajamas!

Some airlines have a dresscode for staff or their family members when flying on staff discount tickets. But if you payed the full regular price, just wear whatever you want.

Just behave like you would in Economy. Be nice with the FA and don’t drink too much (especially alcohol). But once again: You paid for the ticket. Enjoy the experience.

2 Likes

A part of that is work commuters. My father flies often in first for his work, and is dressed nicely mainly because he goes directly to a meeting after landing. However, if he is heading home and has time to change he will, into shorts and a polo shirt.

The ticket or where we are sitting has absolutely nothing to do with how we are dressed. If someone likes to look presentable, they should be dressed the same in economy or business class. Same the other way around.

1 Like

If you think about it people today who first class are just trying to get from point A to point B in a nicer way. Like what @Matt737 said it’s not the 60s anymore!

1 Like

They are likely travelling for business, if I’m not I won’t dress especially for the occasion.

1 Like

Hm, I fly Business Class to India (almost) every year and the shortest flight to get to Delhi from San Francisco is 15 hours… I dress like I normally would, sweatshirts and jeans, nothing special. I’m sure everyone here knows flying isn’t a “right”, it’s a privilege, but I don’t see anything wrong with acting normally or dressing normally 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, isn’t the flight only 1 hour? Chances are, you won’t need to use many of these “tips” on how to “act”, since it’ll probably just be a pretty quick hop. Obviously, you won’t need to dress very well for a 1 hour flight 🙃

4 Likes

Hey I can say from personal experience yo ur on a plane expect food and nothing rlly else bud execpt meals and u just get a bit of extra leg room
Not to burst ur bouble but depending on how long the flight is… If the flight is only X Amt of hour(s) then it doesn’t pay to get bizz class at all Al ur getting is a bigger seat with extra legroom with food (which u can get better of in the terminal

1 Like

Really depends though. Like for example a flight from London (UK) to Basel (Switzerland) is only about 1.5 hours long. However, it saves you up to an hour of time because you get off the plane first and therefore you’re the first to get through immigration.

In many airports, you get a special bus back to the terminal which also saves you lots of time. You don’t need to be to the airport as early because you get to go through security fast track and a faster check-in process.

It’s not just about the in-flight amenities. When you’re in a hurry or you want the most relaxing experience, it can be worth it on short flights as well. But again, it depends on the flight and where you’re going.

Anyway, enjoy!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.