Any Tips for 747-8?

Hey guys!

Quick question

Does anyone have any tips for making butter in the 747-8? I’ve tried everything I can think of, but nothing is working so far.

Thanks!

1 Like

I hestitate to help, but here goes nothing.

Because of the pretty much broken physics of the 747, I would start my flare very gently at 30 ft and pull back fully at 10ft for the best touchdown. Try this technique, you’ll get some grease ;)

Happy Greasing!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’d give a like but I just can’t get past this:

Jk, lol.

2 Likes

If anyone else has any more tips, they would be Greatly appreciated.

Also because of the physics on this plane I don’t pull back to idle over the threshold as I find it just sinks to fast, I keep around 5-10% power on the flare and find it helps
Seems to act as a ground effect

2 Likes

Simple answer; wait for the physics to be fixed.
But if you want butters right now here is what I suggest.
Step 1: Be sure your aircraft is below MLW.
2: ( assuming you are below mlw) 10nm out be at a speed of about 180-200kts (at most 220)
3: At around 5nm out gear down and flaps 3/4.
4: 2nm out flaps full (or just under)
5: listen to GPWS and being flare at 20-30ft agl
6: keep some throttle power (20-25%)
7: enjoy those buttery landings

2 Likes

You have to remember that in the Boeing 747 family the cockpit is further from the ground then the rest of the plane, so you will see higher than the plane actually is. So add some extra altitude to your landings. It’s pretty easy to misjudge how far you are so give your self a long runway and try to find that sweet spot where you can get a good landing.

2 Likes

If you come in about 50 feet above the start of the runway, keep the plane body level and start pulling the nose up at the 20 feet call out. 140 knots is a good speed.

1 Like

I’m grease and I find this buttery

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.