Any short haul recommendations

Hey I have seen some topics where there are good short hauls, but I want to ask myself, so what are the best short haul flights, now that I’m very addicted to long hauls lol😅
And maybe I would like more flights in the continent of Africa, I haven’t done many there.
“Hope I didnt put the wrong topic or stuff from general and stuff”

23 Likes

Do you mind if you put some more parameters in?

-preferred location of the short haul flihgt
-preferred aircraft type etc

8 Likes

I just did Cape Air flights from KJFK-KMVY-KACT-KJFK on the C208 and love it! They were short (13 mins- 1:18) and the Atlantic costal flying was incredible! But you could fly in anything like TBM or C172

9 Likes

Looks like nice flights need to keep them in mind.

7 Likes

Island hopping in Hawaii.

My go to tho is KPHX-KSAN like to rocket up to 40000 then have to come down quick for the approach for 27.

9 Likes

I did location, but aircraft preference dont have any.

5 Likes

Ah sorry lol I didn’t see that.

Madagascar is a great country to explore, be it flying from Madagascar to mainland Africa or just doing some inter-island hops :)

I haven’t heard of many scenic locations in Africa. However, the coastal side of Namibia is really pretty- the sandy desert of Namibia meets the ocean there, a cool contrast.

9 Likes

Wow! Africa is pretty scenic, flown there 1 time in Infinite flight and thought it was pretty scenic. In a long haul

7 Likes

Well, I guess I meant to put ‘mountainous’ instead of scenic lol

8 Likes

GOL flys some if you are in SA

6 Likes

Oh, I know: JFK to LGA

7 Likes

If you have the Open Beta you can take the B752 with its new African liveries on a spin. Lots of airlines that are new used it on short routes

7 Likes

Africa is actually the most beautiful continent from above imo. It has endless deserts, jungles, mountains, and amazing shorelines

7 Likes

Easy Route
Santorini (LGSR) - Athens (LGAV)

Hard Route
Heraklion (LGIR) -Samos (LGSM)

Both routes are in Greece and are best flown in an A320. Flight time around 20-30 minutes.

7 Likes

There is Kilimanjaro but I think it’s more about the shorelines and jungles…

7 Likes

There are many more mountains though. The table mountain in South Africa or the Atlas Mountains are only two of countless examples. I would recommend looking at a topographical map

5 Likes

Ah, I was talking about taller mountains. They are not as commonly found as in other continents relative to how big Africa is

5 Likes

KMCI-KDFW a short 1 hour flight or more Envoy American Eagle E175.

5 Likes

Thats true. But it definitely has some big ones
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_mountain_peaks_of_Africa#:~:text=The%20highest%20African%20mountain%20is,Batian%2C%20Nelion%20and%20Lenana%20Point.

6 Likes

TNCM - TJSJ

Great GA flight. Short haul and some of the best views ive ever seen

5 Likes