Any recommendations for cheap cameras that are good for spotting?

Hi guys, I wanted to ask about tit, because I currently use a KODAK PIXPRO AZ401 for plane photos, I got it for christmsas from my mom some time ago, and I’d say it doesn’t take the best photos and everything else, so I want to save some money for a new one, but I don’t know which, thanks in advance

2 Likes

Hello,

Feel free to check out the topic linked below. It shows what cameras are best

2 Likes

Yeah I also have some new suggestions bc that topic is oldish but I’ll type it up later

2 Likes

most cell phone cameras (from the last 3 years or so) are perfectly fine for casual plane spotting these days so if you carry a phone i would just use that

1 Like

Hello, as a plane spotter for just over a year and a half now who has just bought their first expensive camera around the one year mark (A canon T7) I started out with a Canon SX540HS Powershot, great camera for a great price, light, easy to maintain, and can shoot videos and pictures!
Link is below:

1 Like

Yeah so basically, the cameras on that list are still valid. However, if you want to buy used you can maybe get a deal on some more advanced bodies like an 80D or D7500.

2 Likes

Thanks guys very much! You helped me alot

1 Like

D7500 is almost overkill for planespotting, if you can find one go for it as you’ll absolutely love it.

1 Like

I had one as my second camera for more than 4 years and can confirm I did love it. Not so great for shooting indoor events and stuff which is why I upgraded but yeah it was great for planespotting and it served me well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.