Any long hauls into tomorrow's featured airports?

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if there are any long haul flights into tomorrow’s featured airports? I’ve looked on FR24 and can’t seem to find any.

thanks!

1 Like

Also, if I make up a route and come in with a heavy, would I get ghosted? Considering the theme tomorrow being C172,

The largest airport of the bunch is Reno, and it only services airports domestically. You may fly whatever route you please. I would keep under the larger size aircraft, though.

2 Likes

So if I make up a route, and come with say a 757 would it be ok?

The only airports in this list that serve passenger traffic are KRNO, KSBA, and KMRY. These are mostly general aviation and regional airports and do not have long hauls. If you’re doing a long haul into any of these airports, I would strongly recommend you do it with the CCX.

2 Likes

Depends if IFATC allow it and if the airport can handle it. I know that KRNO can handle a 767, though.

1 Like

Perhaps “long haul” won’t be the theme tomorrow.

Tyler does this on purpose to get us to explore with General Aviation which is well neglected in the sim.

2 Likes

Sure. I think the 777 and the 744 have been to reno as well, but you can fly whatever route you please :)

You are paying so it’s your choice :)

3 Likes

Yeah I know, I just like to do long hauls during the night everyday so I was wondering if there’s route I can do. I’ll still be flying VFR after that though!

The private MD11 is always an interesting option as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was actually thinking of that right now!

KRNO has a pretty significant cargo presence, and has seen MD-11s in the past. I think the longest scheduled flight at this point is PHOG-KRNO by UPS on a seasonal basis.

1 Like

Fly the 737-700BBJ into SBA,
The red and gold BBJ is owned by Ty Warner, and it is based out of SBA.
N888TY

1 Like

Thomas Cook was supposed to launch twice-weekly flights with the A330-200 from London Gatwick to Reno but cancelled plans before the flights began:

1 Like

Great, thanks guys! I’ve decided that I will most probably do a charter cargo flight using the MD-11 or possibly the B777F.

Volaris Guadalajara

Make sure you only fly a Heavy into RNO.
None of the other airports are able to support widebodies

1 Like

Yep, into Reno!

1 Like

JetBlue flies to New York-JFK, it might be a short long haul but it’s 4 hours

1 Like

Technically there’s been 762 charters at SBA

1 Like