Any Commercial/Airline Pilots?

Is anybody in these forums a commercial or airline pilot? If so, could you explain your thoughts on IF and what parts of the game are very realistic and what parts are not as realistic as we think. Thanks!

1 Like

I think @Heavydriver is an airline pilot

1 Like

@Erj145 worked for the airlines for a short amount of time. I am not completely sure though

1 Like

There is already a topic about this. Please check out the topic below as it might answer your questions. You are unable to post in the #real-world-aviation because your not TL2 (Member) just keep liking, posting, being active and following the guidelines and you will be there in no time.

1 Like

There are many real life pilots in the community but there are also a lot of self proclaimed pilots … so just beware :).

1 Like

Don’t call @DeerCrusher out like that. Remember we said we would let him have his fame?

Yes there are a bunch.
Besides the mentioned above,
@IFATC_Andrew flies the CRJ
@RAH I believe flies as well

4 Likes

Thank ya sir. Was in the regional airline world for just shy of 3yrs like @DeerCrusher and got pulled into the “dark side” of aviation flying 135/91 and contract work on 91 stuff.

To answer the OPs question. It’s the best portable gaming as far as graphics and “reality” flying goes IMHO.

2 Likes

That post is nearly 2 months old. Nothing wrong with making a new post for specific questions in particular.

3 Likes

@NoahM It’s difficult to say what is and isn’t realistic in IF as aviation in general is such a vast subject; but if you have any questions then please do feel free to drop me a message.

What I would say though, is that quite often something that seems incredibly simple on the surface, might in fact have quite a considerable amount of complexity associated with it, and this is very common in aviation.

What I can say for certain is that the IF developers and staff have done an amazing job, and I do think this is one of (if not the best) mobile simulator there is!

3 Likes

Yep, I thought I was pretty good at flying but when I tried X Plane 11 I couldn’t even start the engines until I read a tutorial. IF has similar procedures but very simplified.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.