Antonov AN-124 Ruslan

According to russian wikipedia there are 46 active An-124 in the world

1 Like

Yep ! Enough to be in IF :) additionally this aircraft deserves more love … through the Ruslan we finally could so some special mission flight … not only flying cargo from A to B :)

I think we should have some russian/soviet aircraft when we get all of the western ones. I mean, just look at the glass spheres in front of TU-134 and IL-76

1 Like

Totally agree :)

Bro … haha there are too much western aircraft … I think I won‘t live until they‘ve added all of them 😂

I think after the A330/340/380 and 747/757/767 rework they should add it … but honestly I wouldn‘t mind if they add it tomorrow :)

1 Like

Yep, I’ve ment the current boeings and airbuses.

2 Likes

They‘re like brothers :)

On left there is the C-5M Super Galaxy and on the right there is the An-124 !

3 Likes

Because of these aircraft, it‘s way easier to transport medical supplies than with other aircraft !

2 Likes

Do you not think Antonov aircraft would cause chaos because they are really big?

1 Like

I don’t think so, a lot of airports can handle aircraft like the AN-124 and there is an unbelievable number of them flying today.

3 Likes

But people might take an Antonov to an airport that is too small for it. What do we do about that? IF would need to add max aircraft size to an airport tag.

1 Like

Just have this in mind that people there are already flying A380’s into Lukla or alot of other GA Airports for challenges or whatever. Just ignore them. ;)

3 Likes

You have a point, haha.

1 Like

Hope to see this airplane soon!

1 Like

best cargo plane

1 Like

Me, too !
It’s one of my favorites and it would be very cool in IF :)

1 Like

but I do not think that the ruslan will be added to IF because they do not like Russian airplanes , if they did they must firstly add ssj100 or tu154 or il-62

1 Like

Well sometime in the future, we’ll have it but who knows when it is …
I don’t think IF don’t like Russian aircraft, I think the IFC don’t want to give them a chance

2 Likes

The 124 can basically land where ever the 747-8 lands

3 Likes

we neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed this plane in IF. I was the 20th voter for this jet. It would open so many missions like Ostend to Reykavik or Leipzig to Washington or even EMA to Doha.

Liveries I would loooooooooooove for this jet:

Livery - Potential Likelihood (only my opinion)
Antonov Design Bureau - 95%
Volga-Dnepr Airlines - 90%
Maximus Air - 45%
224 Flight Squadron - 40%
Aeroflot (retired) - 25%
Libyan (crashed) - less than 20%

P.S. in terms of NOTAM’s you would land it where a 747-8 could land for a simple rule of thumb

2 Likes

The amount of interesting destinations and missions to operate with the teen 225 is going to be amazing. Can’t wait to find myself flying from LGAV to EINN for a refuel stop before continuing to Bangor. Or flying the Kiev Gostopel - Almaty - Tianjin route. Then towards Anchorage and the USA.

2 Likes