Antonov AN-124 Ruslan

Credits
Why I would like this in Infinte Flight:
Infinite Flight is lacking in terms of specialized aircraft (Boeing 747SP etc.). This would also bring an aircraft with a very interesting story to IF and would open the doors for some interesting challenges with this aircraft.

History:
The Antonov An-124 Ruslan is a strategic airlift jet aircraft. It was designed in the 1980s by the Antonov design bureau in the Ukrainian SSR, then part of the Soviet Union. Until the Boeing 747-8F, the An-124 was, for thirty years, the world’s heaviest gross weight production cargo airplane and second heaviest operating cargo aircraft, behind the Antonov An-225. The An-124 remains the largest military transport aircraft in the world. The lead designer of the An-124 (and the An-225) was Viktor Tolmachev.

Performance Characteristics:
Maximum speed: 865 km/h (467 kn (537 mph))
Cruise speed: 800–850 km/h (430 kn (490 mph))
Range: 5,200 km (2,808 nm, 3231 mi)
Service ceiling: 12,000 m (39,370 ft)
Wing loading: 645 kg/m² (74.7 lb/sq ft)
Thrust/weight: 0.23
Take-off run distance (maximum take-off weight): 2,520 m (8,270 ft)
Landing roll distance at maximum landing weight: 900 m (3,000 ft)

General Characteristics:
Crew: 4–6 (pilot, copilot, navigator, senior flight engineer (+flight engineer, radio man) + 2 loadmasters)
Capacity: 88 passengers or the hold can take an additional 350 on a palletised seating system
Payload: 150,000 kg (330,000 lb)
Length: 68.96 m (226 ft 3 in)
Wingspan: 73.3 m (240 ft 5 in)
Height: 20.78 m (68 ft 2 in)
Wing area: 628 m² (6,760 sq ft)
Empty weight: 175,000 kg (385,000 lb)
Useful load: 230,000 kg (508,000 lb)
Loaded weight: 405,000 kg (893,000 lb)
Max. takeoff weight: 405,000 kg (893,000 lb)
Powerplant: 4 × Progress D-18T turbofans, 229.5 kN (51,600 lbf) each

Notable Hauls:

1. An An-124 was used to transport the Obelisk of Axum back to its native homeland of Ethiopia from Rome in April 2005.
  2. An An-124 was used to transport an EP-3E Aries II electronic intelligence aircraft from Hainan Island, China on 4 July 2001 following the Hainan Island incident.
  3. In July 2010, an An-124 was used to transport four 35-foot and three 21-foot skimmer boats from France to the US to assist with the clean-up of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
  4. An An-124 was used in April 2011 to airlift a large Putzmeister concrete pump from Germany to Japan to help cool reactors damaged in the Fukushima nuclear accident.
  5. An An-124 was used in May 2018 to transport an 87,000 lb die tools from Eaton Rapids, Michigan to Nottingham, England in order to restart Ford F-150 production due to a fire in the Eaton Rapids Magnesium Casting Facility.

Please make sure that you have flagged the old request (I already did.) Great request overral.

Oh sorry, I did not know you have to do that.

4 Likes

This has my vote!!
I would love to see more cargo jets specially this one! I use to see it fly into ANC all the time had a chance to go in one. It smelled like cigarettes and vodka lol

1 Like

Nice request, Antonov AN family is need to Infinite Flight!

1 Like

I would like to see this, I like how it’s called ‘Rulsan’ But for altitude, they use feet not meters.

1 Like

I believe Ruslan is the military variant and then there are commercial variants that differ in performance and avionics.

1 Like

I think this would be a great addition. I bet it would take some time to get use to flying but this has potential.

This is my most favourite aircraft. Thanks for the suggestion. Why? It WILL go extinct just like 747s, Brilliant Sound, look, how heavy it is and the cargo it can hold. These Russian aircrafts look amazing. Lots of people suggest the Antonov An-225 MRIYA but it certainly is not a good idea. But these would definitely do. This is the aircraft I would want mostly for this game.

1 Like

I saw this plane landing in Qatar a few years ago… very very impressive sight. Mighty noisy plane! Would be cool to have. Short of votes, alas…

1 Like

Great request we are lacking in terms of big aircraft in my opinion

1 Like

Now we need this lol

2 Likes

That plane just flew over my house probably a month ago. The sound was amazing and the flashy lights on the clouds was visible. I’d say this livery is really nice representing Ukraine. This one came from Italy bound to the US via Shannon. I’d love to see this cargo aircraft in Infinite Flight some time. :)

1 Like

I think we need this. We don’t have enough cargo aircraft.

1 Like

Yep, agreed. Looks great on flights in Anchorage, or Leipzig-Halle Cargo Airport. It would be nice to have a little bit more awesome Cargo aircrafts like this one in Infinite Flight. But I presume it will come in a pretty long time in Infinite Flight, due to popularity of the other aircrafts. :)

2 Likes

I have to give a vote to this. As each day goes by, I want to fly this plane in IF even more

2 Likes

It’s a good suggestion but I feel like it would be one of these planes that everyone will use for a week or two and then you never see it again…

I can’t believe this was never actually requested before 😯

Yeah, I’m a true fan of this plane. Just imagine how handy this aircraft is when told to carry one of the heaviest cargo in the world. Also when Tyler features the Theme of Cargo in the IFATC Schedule, the routes are fully open for this plane, Volga and Antonov Design Bureau in Anchorage. I fully support this aircraft!

1 Like

I see this aircraft flying everywhere in Europe actually and have found this aircraft land in Warsaw twice this year, which is surprising. It usually lands in Wroclaw which is common for the AN-124. And Leipzig is the main focus Airport out of all.

1 Like