Hello, I was SANA, you made quite a fair bit of mistakes but not to worry! With a little bit more practice, I’m sure you’ll master it in no time! Here are your mistakes:
• When I was Holding short of runway 20C, I requested departure and remaining in the pattern, you cleared me for takeoff, if someone requests departure remaining in the pattern, you should give them a cleared for takeoff followed by make left/right traffic, in this case I would have been a left traffic, that way pilots will know where to turn to.
• Very late cleared for the option command, this should be given when I was turning from upwind to crosswind, if there was an aircraft in front of me, a sequence would have been required.
• You gave a Cleared for the option which was correct but why did you clear me to land?
• After I took off again, I requested for a rwy change, you should have responded with enter left/right downwind instead of turn crosswind, once I was in the downwind you could have cleared me with cleared for the option command followed by make left/right traffic since I changed runway.
• Extend downwind was not really needed, it’s a Pilots responsibility to be aware of their surroundings as well, if we get too close on finals, you can always tell the pilot behind to go around or if you think they can make it just ask them to adjust speed to follow aircraft ahead.
• You can clear aircrafts to land/option earlier, don’t have to wait till they enter the ILS cone to clear them.
• Again with the slowest prac speed for Singapore 971, there was no traffic whatsoever in front so it’s up to the Pilots to be aware of their speed etc…
• Good check rwy assigned command!
• Again very late cleared to land command.
• Good exit rwy when able command!
Don’t worry if it may seem like a lot, with lots of practise, I’m sure you’ll get it! I also recommend checking out videos that Tyler has done on YouTube on ATC instructions: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPK_42U0EhIfsC6cU503Zwda4ZcurnPSt
Or you can check out the ATC manual:
Hope to see you in IFATC soon, you can tag me when you open again and I’ll see if I’m able to join or not :)