Antarctica

Just out of curiosity - has anyone ever flown to/from Antarctica in Infinite Flight? I myself tried departing from one of the research stations, but the view was so unbelievably boring that I decided not to.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

Never done it. Also, the aircraft that fly there in real life aren’t in IF so I , as someone who loves to keep it as realistic as possible, have never done it.

1 Like

Understandable! Thanks for your response!

1 Like

There is no scenery which the developers have for antartica thus why its flat.

1 Like

I understand that. Which is why I don’t fly out of there 😂

They definitely should add scenery there. It would be beautiful!

Yes there is. The US air force fly the C130 and C17 form Christchurch to antartica. Both planes which are available in infinite flight.

5 Likes

I could imagine it’s extremely hard to do you know, different shades of white, thats why lean back, and let the devs do their magic lol :)

1 Like

Yes. Antartica is a really beautiful place full of mountains.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good point.

Interesting! But how deep into Antarctica do they fly with these aircraft

I have indeed! It is rather tricky spotting the landing spots, but it can be good fun!

8 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

Same case with the Norwegian island “Svalbard”. Its just flat and boring, so i am very excited for the upcoming scenery-update!

2 Likes

I actually have too, during my around the world trip. Flew from South Africa with a 748 freighter, then another 4-5 hour flight to get to the other side with a military DC-10 and flew out of it to Australia with a private A318. Boring to say the least 😅

1 Like

It’s not easy, especially near the poles. It’s easy to become disoriented!

1 Like

I’ve flown from Base Maranbio(SAWB) to Cape Town(FACT)

2 Likes

Went from Chile to a research center in C130

2 Likes

I have, I went from Florida to a research station, stopping along the way for fuel.

2 Likes

Sweet! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Nice aircraft!