Antarctic sightseeing

ANTARCTIC SIGHTSEEING

Hey IFC,

I saw a really cool news and I thought to share it. Qantas is starting antarctic sightseeing flights to Antarctic with their B787.

MY OPINION

I think these flights will be a great way to increase tourism. Australia is already a holiday paradise but with addition of these flights, they can really have a boom in tourism.

Antarctic is a great place for sightseeing, however not everyone can afford to plan a trip there. By these flight, even a middle class man can have a look at one of the wonders of the nature (hoping fares will be nominal).

I am hoping these flights would start soon. Let me know your opinions.

Cheers !

14 Likes

Sad that these flights arent done with the 747s anymore
But they are pretty cool and i would go on one if i had the money

2 Likes

True ! Flying with a B747 for these flight would be just mind blowing. But nothing can be done now. Let’s enjoy these flights :)

1 Like

Oh wow! I’ll try to take a flight like that sometime in the future.

1 Like

Same here mate ! Let’s both of us contribute and buy a business class seat 😁😂

1 Like

Personally, I would go on that if I were to live in australia or ever happen to travel there. But I think it will not pay up to fly these since you don’t carry cargo and just passengers.

1 Like

Wow that’s crazy! I know one of Icelandair’s B757s is used to take people there from Chile or one of the South American countries. Cool that’s it’s for sight seeing!

1 Like

I also remember that flight. One of my family member went in that flight. Hope I can visit this flight :)

1 Like

That’s cool! Yeah I hope to fly that route sometime

1 Like

is it possible if the planes go too north or too south it will be too cold to fly

2 Likes

I actually have no idea 😂
I know with the Iceair flight they don’t refuel in Antarctica, they fill up in Chile and then use that fuel all the way back. So they only have a couple of attempts to land on the ice runway before they have to return

1 Like

Planes even fly at -70 degree celcius

1 Like