Anshul28’s ATC Tracking Thread - [PASSED PRACTICAL]

Hey Everyone, I just cleared my Written Exam recently and now looking forward to start my practical journey in becoming an IFATC Controller with the help you guys. Feedback is greatly Appreciated upon each session 🙏🏽

Session One Information
• Airport = EHEH (Eindhoven)
• Frequencies = Ground & Tower
• Time = 1245Z - 1345Z
• NOTAMS = Departing/Landing Runway 21, Light Aircraft Allowed, Pattern Work Allowed.

8 Likes

Thanks @Magician , @Anthony_Vo , @Jinco & @ykaviation for dropping by for my first session. Feedback appreciated either here or via Discord 🙏🏽

3 Likes

Feel free to tag me!

2 Likes

Hello,

Congrats on passing your written exam. Feel free to tag me the next time you open!

2 Likes

Hello! Ping me next time you open.

1 Like

let me know when u open

1 Like

NOW CLOSED @ EDDL

Session Two Information
• Airport = EDDL (Düsseldorf)
• Time = 1230Z - 1330Z
• NOTAMS = Departing Runway 23L / Landing Runways 23R & 23L, Light Aircraft Allowed, Pattern Work Allowed

@Arian_N @OregonAviaton @Matt @hope @Jinco

2 Likes

Feedback from XB-NJI

• missed the give way for me and infinite flight 04GA
  • for the upwind conflict with CC-LDA you should have issued an extend downwind, i saw that you did it after for other planes so it may have been a mistake.
  • exit runway was late but good job on the go around with M-AGIC

Thanks for the service! You’ll be in IFATC in no time!

3 Likes

I believe I got so carried away with the all the resequencing that was necessary that I missed out on that 😅

I was actually trying to gauge as to why you would make an aircraft to extend upwind but once I understood that it actually aids in sequencing, I started using it when required.

Apologies there haha…I find it slightly hard to judge when an aircraft wants to exit the runway because the other pilots that were doing touch-and-go’s were also slowing down and then speeding up. So I anticipated that you would do the same, hence the late exit runway response.

Apart from all that, thanks for coming along and appreciate the feedback 😄

1 Like

So sorry. That was in the middle of the night for me! Hope to attend soon!

1 Like

No need for an apology, all good! Our timezones may not be a good match haha

1 Like

Hello,

I’m sorry i was asleep at that time 🥲

2 Likes

All good no worries!

1 Like

NOW OPEN @ VTBD

Session Three Information
• Airport = VTBD (Don Mueang)
• Time = 1300Z - 1400Z
• NOTAMS = Departing / Landing Runways 21R & 21L, Light Aircraft Allowed, Pattern Work Allowed

@OregonAviaton @Matt @hope @BenjiTheBull @Arian_N

1 Like

Hey Anshul, here is my feedback.

• Runway change could be a little quicker

• Sequencing and patterns entries were all correct

• Transition was also good

• The go around was a little late but you got it

• For the departure after you approve it, send freq change approved also.

That’s pretty much it, you are an original. You did not mess up a single time from what I saw. I think you will be joining the IFATC team in no time. Keep going and you will be there!

1 Like

I personally thought all the runway changes were given at / within an appropriate time. I applied the same procedure yesterday in my IFATC training session too.

Yep I caught onto this too and noted I was bit late on it so thanks for pointing it out!

According to the ATC manual, you should ideally aim to give frequency changes when you’re exiting the first inner ring / boundary of tower airspace which is why I waited till you got a bit closer. As I was giving you the command, you unfortunately left haha so not much I could have done there.

Thanks for stopping by and Appreciate all the feedback Texan 😄💪🏽

1 Like

Yep anytime no problem, just ping me whenever you open again I’ll come and run some patterns maybe with more traffic to see how you do. Ah didn’t know the freq change one as my trainer said give it after the departure is approved but you can go off the manual.

1 Like

I sadly have to get ready for work. Hope to catch you soon!

1 Like

It’s always better to take a second and issue the correct pattern than rush and have to correct yourself :)

And for the frequency change, it’s best to issue the change immediately once you’re certain there is no conflict (ie another aircraft in the pattern that may accidentally follow). Lots of times when working with center or departure, they will want departing aircraft as soon as possible. But this is a very minor issue, great job overall!

1 Like

Understood. Appreciate the Feedback and thanks for stopping by too! 😄