Another solution for long haul global flights

Don’t do them.

It really is that simple. You don’t have to do long-haul, and I certainly won’t. Likewise I can understand people who do want to do them.

But, what people should know is that it isn’t up to the devs to work out a solution for them to do long-haul if they don’t want to put in the hours. I have nothing against people getting up to cruise and then going to bed, but is it fair that centre should have to route other traffic around them? Also, this means Oceanic control won’t work at all?

This is why I want to request to the devs- please don’t encourage AFK flying on the expert server. It isn’t fair on everybody who is flying that they should have to route around AFK pilots, and the issues can could be caused if someone drops off or oversleeps. By all means let them do it on Casual or solo, but expert is designed to be realistic- going to bed for the night isn’t exactly that.

41 Likes

If having a copilot is added, then this would be possible.

8 Likes

But what would the copilot do? OK getting them to follow center instructions isn’t too difficult, but they cannot without fairly complex AI work with tower and ground?

3 Likes

Agreed. I am just going to fly short haul European flights for the most part I think. Might even join a VA 😏

36 Likes

No, I meant an actual person.

I disagree, I think expert should be the example setter, long haul flights should be encouraged equal to short haul. However, the expectation needs to be that expert pilots if acting professional 'maintain them real world ethics and stay up with their flight.

5 Likes

That’s what I meant. Long haul is good, but people need to be able to pilot their flight. Setting one off in the morning and keeping it at your desk = no problemo

I’ll just casually throw in a screenshot for my VA’s global plans…

8 Likes

I physically cannot sit at my device for 6+ hours staring down at an ocean, and all of these people with these plans of flying for 14+ hours is absolutely unrealistic and I believe they have no idea what their doing.

4 Likes

Exactly. People who don’t want to do it have a perfectly good option of short haul, nothing wrong with a 1-2 hours flight, or even less.

4 Likes

I’m just excited to fly in my home state, Idaho. Short mountain flying routes. Nothing over 30 minutes in a jet

2 Likes

Pssst, join Frontier… ;)

1 Like

Same, I’m planning on mostly doing domestic US flights. Mostly regional.

1 Like

Same, nothing over 3.5 hours, something like JFK-NCM

1 Like

You’re actually working on it?!
Haven’t seen you touch it for about… forever.

Incorrect. I’ve been doing small chunks about 3 times on the last month or so.

I don’t usually agree, but to this I 100% agree.

8 Likes

Jesus, AR agreeing with me?

Actually AR agreeing with anyone?

5 Likes

He’s currently in happy place for a couple of more days to come, don’t be alarmed if he behaves for once. ;)

2 Likes

Guys please keep it on Staff DM 😲
Ice started the topic about global flight, if you have a problem with what Ice does, let take it place into DMs, it’s a bit off topic because you guys talk about the work of a staff member and not for the long flights hitself.
Just saying. I say that, I say nothing.

Get ready for the VA adverts. BRACE YOURSELF

3 Likes