Another Futuristic Vision of Infinite Flight

Ok, so . . . I had this day dream earlier today:

I thought it would be cool if FDS can make an agreement with the FAA to add little device compartments that stick out of the inner part of the aircraft fuselage. This would be an amazing way to fly your flight, on Infinite Flight. Since your device is “attached” to the aircraft, all you do is calibrate your device, plug it in so it won’t die (haha) and your device follows the movements on the aircraft like bank and climb/descent. And no matter for VS and SPD since you’ll have that little TV in front of you to mimic from :)

So, what do you guys think? Pretty interesting stuff, huh?
13 Likes

Very nice stuff

2 Likes

This would be interesting…

2 Likes

Maybe they could reach an agreement to have IF regarded as a (basic) simulator, which would help future pilots get the grips on an aircraft.

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

This would be very expensive!

2 Likes

I know, but it’s just a vision :)

2 Likes

Interesting idea, but try asking a major airline CEO if he will install these, possibly at the cost of >£1000 per SEAT, well good luck.

Still, interesting…

1 Like

Probably quite expensive, but good idea. Maybe the compartments could tell the device what livery it is, and if it’s on IF, it will automatically pull up that plane.

1 Like

Very neat idea. Every time i fly i wonder “where are we?” “When are we rotating?” “When are we touching down?” This could answer most of my inflight questions.

1 Like

Another thing that I just thought up:

Have your device sync to the amount of weight carried by your aircraft

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.