Another Drone Incident

Something really needs to done to drones.
Aircraft involved was a KLM 738

2 Likes

Looks like, This is the 2nd drone incident on EHAM :(

Again? The drones are forbidden in Netherlands and these guys insist in going beyond the rules.😒😠

The drones should be recalled “for software issues” and add some code that if a drone comes within a mile of an airport it should temporarilly kill the batteries of the drone until the drone is within 20 ft of the ground so that it can land safely, and it cannot take off again until the drone is one mile away again.

1 Like

They´ll keep doing it until it hits an aicraft.

2 Likes

Goes to show that banning something isn’t usually the answer.

Good luck with that. I built my own drone and it runs on open source code. I will not be registering or turning in my drone to anyone. Just like my firearms or any other thing that someone thinks is potentially hazardous given the right circumstances.

1 Like

Wow it’s amazing that people don’t care enough about the passenger’s safety to keep their drone away from the commercial aircraft. 100 ft. to spare was a close call. This and laser incidents are some of the dumbest, yet dangerous, ways people on the ground are causing safety concerns for air travel.

1 Like

Drone incidents, laser incidents, shootings, drunk drivers killing people, etc. Many of these different things have one thing in common: stupid people. I don’t know how to deal with that.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

They made some regulation that states that, yes. But you buy the drone, then are expected to register it before flying. Not everyone does that. And honestly it is just a “feel good” law anyway – it doesn’t really do anything unless a drone crashes and has an ID tag on it to identify the owner.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Maybe, but why? Some kid flying a drone responsibly in a field will be more noticeable and have his drone confiscated while some kid that lives under a final approach path flying a drone hidden behind his house won’t.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Now that is ironic.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.