Another airline that could disappear | Germania is in financial Straits

Germania was founded in 1986 as a successor to the Cologne-based airline Special Air Transport. According to its own figures, the Airline transported with the green and white Logo route every year more than four million passengers on Short – and medium -haul, within Europe, to North Africa and the Middle East. Together with the Swiss Germania flight AG and the Bulgarian Eagle Germania currently operates a fleet of 37 aircraft.

On Tuesday evening, the airline announced that it is considering several options to secure short-term liquidity needs. Due to increased costs, several airlines in Europe had gone into bankruptcy in the past year; including Small Planet and SkyWork, which also flew targets from Bremen. The Irish budget airline Ryanair had also justified the closure of its base in Bremen with increased cost pressure.

I really hope that we don’t see a lot of airlines disappear like last year. It’s just crazy to think that the aviation world has change so much in the last few years.

https://www.newsarticleinsiders.com/german-airline-germania-is-in-financial-straits

The future of aviation in Europe are the national companies, I hardly see any others to be capable of facing rise in operational costs.

The joke is I didn’t even know Small Planet went until I seen this post 😨

Neither did but I guess they don’t exist anymore.

What a shame, they are starting flights to my airport this summer. I hope they ll still be around by then.

RIP not another airline like Air Berlin.

Apparently they are in promising talks with investors at the moment. I hope thr airline doesn’t dissapear. 😥