Annoying Center ATC

Hi guys,

Just finished up my overnight flight from JFK to AMS with the new 772 on the training server! The only thing that did catch my eye was the fact that center ATC continuously tried to literally make me contact them while I was on a night flight. Which can be very annoying if I, for instance, leave the sound by accident on before heading to bed or wherever while someone else is in the house.
Now I know you’ll tell me to turn the sound down or just go along with it etc. But really, can’t we all agree that after trying to contact a pilot once is enough? If they don’t respond they must be away from their device unless they’re in the critical stages of flight.

Thanks for all your replies in advance!

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this, but this is training server. There is nothing you can do about it. The ATC in training are just regular pilots who most likely have no training in ATC operations.

Thanks, Cpt_Zorndy

2 Likes

They were just lonely. They wanted a friend to keep them company. On a serious note though, it is the Training Server, an environment where folks are learning. Once you feel comfortable with your skills and have a good understanding of how things work, your next objective should be the Expert Server. Just have to be willing to accept some of those errors on the Training Server as a result.

8 Likes

If you want the best experience
go and fly on Expert Server

2 Likes

What if you get reported for being inactive in the centers airspace

2 Likes

Fair, although I wanted to try out the new 772 with ‘less responsibility’ if you get what I mean. Get to know the aircraft and see what the limits are. The casual server was not a good option in this case because I do enjoy flying with ATC. But I indeed get your point!

1 Like

Understandable, but if you do that, you’ll just have to go along with it…

1 Like

I see your point. It, after all is the TRAINING server. My concern is just that it’s going to get abused by some bored kids. But as said, can’t do much about it.

Thank you for your reply!

1 Like

Yes, the center controller can see you in an away state, so don’t worry doing long-haul flights, just request frequency change and you’re all good.

Unfortunately you would be correct. There were some steps to hinder the ability to spam multiple commands/phrases over the course of time. Might be something that is brought up again.

1 Like

Shouldn’t we implement an ignore function for these types of situations though?

On a high note, the Center Controllers were doing a FANTASTIC job on expert server this evening! :D The sids and starts and approaches are so much FUN!

2 Likes

No because we’d be teaching people to ignore ATC which would not be ideal.

2 Likes

I saw you working Albuquerque Center @DeerCrusher .

2 Likes

True but these types of people are so annoying on IF and kinda ruin the experience.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.