Announcing LiveFlight!

![image](upload://p0cekCwpF9uLH1IJpLAdoUrAOxX.png) **[www.liveflightapp.com ][1]**

I’m very pleased to announce LiveFlight, the first online flight tracker for Infinite Flight Live!

Features:

• Track any and every aircraft on Infinite Flight Live!
  • View how busy a region is at a glance.
  • Find out about the pilots of other aircraft, including their flight time, landing count, online flights and more!
  • Share your flight’s location with friends!
  • Works on any device with a web browser (iOS, Android, PC… microwaves not supported at this time unfortunately)

Screenshots:

**Background**: LiveFlight is a quick project that I built up over a weekend using the [Infinite Flight Live API][3] and the [Google Maps JS API][4]. It fetches data every 30 seconds, and estimates your position between that time. I've focused on important features first, but have plans to add much more over time:
  • Show airports with active ATC. (done in 1.1)
  • Past trajectory for aircraft. (done in 1.1)
  • Different aircraft icons (most of these are ready, I just need to process them).
  • This one’s up to you - I’m open to suggestions! :)

I’ve tested and tuned this a lot, but some bugs may have slipped past, and LiveFlight may not be perfect on all devices - please don’t hesitate to contact me if you find an issue!

Link:
www.liveflightapp.com

Have fun! Enjoy LiveFlight :)

PM me on this forum, or email cameron[at]liveflightapp[dot]com if you need to speak to me :)
44 Likes

This is awesome! really well done

11 Likes

Thanks Philippe! Glad you like it :)

5 Likes

This is great. Thank you!

5 Likes

Thanks Howard! Enjoy!

4 Likes

Beautiful. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks Efren! :)

4 Likes

Nice one Cam, appears to work a treat. Just have to try and break it now ;)

4 Likes

Feature request, a way to save favorite pilots(by call sign or something)and or search by name would be amazing! Really great work here!

6 Likes

Please do! Just don’t break it too far beyond repair ;)

Thanks! Glad you like it :)

3 Likes

Nice idea! Have thought about a search function before, will make it happen :)

3 Likes

Just noticed a little bug. When viewing on the laptop in chrome or IE checking stats draws a scrollbar at the bottom when all the info is displayed in what appears to be correct formatting. Think it’s the size of the text box displaying the info.
Talking of stats, when you open the extended details would it be possible to display all the user stats?
Last one for now. When viewing in IE the aircraft position icons aren’t appearing (just IE being pants or an actual issue?)

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that first issue, may fix it if I get a chance.

I pretty much display all stats (missing standing and Last Flight time; will add standing but don’t think last flight time is too important). Will also mark if user is an advanced server controller.

Do you have a screenshot of the last issue? (it had to be IE… hahaha).

Thanks Nigel! :)

3 Likes

It’s doesn’t always respond to selection from the server or region dropdowns either. Both on full box and mobile versions of IE.

4 Likes

Don’t you dare stealing my users!! :p good job Cameron!

4 Likes

This sucks. Why does IE always have to have problems?..

I’ll try and sort this this weekend… may just solve it by asking users to install a better browser :P

1 Like

Oh man! Sorry Val, forgot about you ;)
Thanks man, been meaning to email you about something related to this…

2 Likes

2 Likes

I have an idea… THROW IE IN THE GARBAGE! ;)

1 Like

Grats Bro! This is an awesome project :)

1 Like