Announce Pushback On Unicom

The point of Unicom is to help announce intentions to others around you, aiding in communication and conflict prevention.

This would be helpful in announcing the intention of moving without jumping straight to taxi, especially given once pushed back we now must start engines and have a longer runup to being taxi-ready.

Even though in real life very few to no airports would have pushback-capable aircraft doing so on Unicom, Infinite Flight’s situation of having Unicom at large airports when ATC is not present justifies this addition.

Perhaps @Tyler_Shelton could provide insight, but I can’t imagine adding an ATC command is too complicated. The Devs might have resisted based on realism, but see my third point for that. I’m all for this!

2 Likes

I agree! I think it’s important.

1 Like

agree you have my vote.

1 Like

I agree but this feature should also include “start up” as well

Although that would be cool, people would Hog the Unicom using that, the pushback announcement is good, but the start up would just be an extra announcement that’s not necessary. Because in infinite flight there’s not really any jet blast, there’s not really an issue

1 Like

I 100% support this and it would be cool to see it added in the sim. I think it would be practical for unicom to cover all stages of flight. Thanks for making this.

1 Like

Thanks for your support!

2 Likes

Thanks!!!

Thanks for th3 votes!