Animated MD-11 Cockpit

The McDonnell Douglas MD-11 is one of the better-built and more recent aircraft currently in-game. However, it lacks animated instruments. The animated instruments retrofit has worked wonders on the Airbus A320 series, and it should, therefore, work just as well on the MD-11. This is a perfect opportunity for the MD-11 to be refreshed and enhanced.

Wikipedia Quote:
“The MD-11 features a two-crew cockpit that incorporates six interchangeable CRT-units and advanced Honeywell VIA 2000 computers. The cockpit design is called Advanced Common Flightdeck (ACF) and is shared with the Boeing 717. Flight deck features include an Electronic Instrument System, a dual Flight Management System, a Central Fault Display System, and Global Positioning System. Category IIIb automatic landing capability for bad-weather operations and Future Air Navigation Systems are available.”

The MD-11 is an excellent aircraft for both short and long-range operations and is a seasoned veteran in both passenger and cargo transport roles. It is the last widebody trijet aircraft to be mass-produced and is one of the later designs of McDonnell Douglas before it was merged into Boeing. Although not many exist in our skies, it will live on inside flight simulators and in internet archives.

As much I’d love to see this, I’m going to refrain from voting on this, simply because I believe this will come in time.

8 Likes

There’s no harm in voting for this either.

2 Likes

All I’m saying is that, with 1 vote left, I’d rather save it for something that may not arrive in IF.

4 Likes

Good idea but I think more prominent aircraft such as the 737 or 787 will come before this in terms of a cockpit rework.

4 Likes

Definitely got my vote

2 Likes

Thanks for the support!

1 Like

I think the 737 and 787 cockpit will have to reworked from the ground up. In one of the posts, one of the staff said that some aircraft are “prepared” for a rework, which means the entire cockpit doesn’t have to be reworked. I believe the MD11 is one of the aircraft that is prepared, but the 737 would require a rework from the ground up, hence, the MD11 with live instruments is more feasible imho.

2 Likes

I believe that the 787/MD-11(F) DC-10(F) will get live cockpit next year. Just like what they did with the A318/19/20/21 just release live cockpits for the ready aircraft. While reworking some older broken aircraft

1 Like

Good request. We need it as the DC-10/MD-11 is pretty as it was released after the global update.

3 Likes

This would be very cool as the MD and DC are already very good but they need a life cockpit

2 Likes

All it needs for it to be brought up to standard…

2 Likes

Does the aircraft to be fully rework (which wouldn‘t make sense) to get a live cockpit ?
I have to say I enjoy flying the MD but the live cockpit is missing …

2 Likes

Yeah, and that’s literally all it’s missing…

2 Likes

Would be cool to see this and gear squat added to bring in close to the level of the newest aircraft

1 Like

What is gear squad?

3 Likes

When an airplane touches down, the suspension suddenly goes down quickly due to the spoilers deploying. It’s already in the game on the a350

4 Likes

Always thought this was already on the MD11, but yeah I’d most definitely welcome that along with working instruments.

3 Likes

The cockpit is very detailed and looks pretty good but only the live cockpit is missing…

1 Like

Exactly what I mean.

2 Likes