And now, this callsign?

Forgive me for a duplicate post, I’m just startled, happened at San Diego moments ago. What should the DEVS do?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

really? I must admit that I think that is an issue that needs to be resolved. I am not a sensitive soul however using a TERRORIST ORGNISATION as your call sign is not on! either needs to be that certain call signs are automatically not allowed or ability for DEVs to cancel user accounts under the T&C for doing so.

2 Likes

I have another weird one

That’s terrible. Is he still there, I can get rid of him.

1 Like

Don’t you think this should be reported to the police? Since it was reported on the news that they are very active in the cyber world, this could be an indication of their move. Liveflight?? My imagination is just running wild here. Better safe than sorry.

I don’t know, I logged off as soon as I saw it.

I think that’s a bit extreme. Probably kids being stupid. He wasn’t there when I checked.

1 Like

Alright then, plus IF could be shut down for investigations and we’ll all be left with eggs on our faces.

1 Like

Seb, using a Terrorist Organisation name as a call sign is different from using an inappropriate call sign (such as Boobies, which does not offend me but is inappropriate ). Agree with you that publicity is what they are after and allowing people to use their name as a callsign on an international flight sim needs action, not just telling people that they shouldn’t be offended.

This is punishable. If come you come on the advanced server, I can ghost you for it. If you see a callsign, automatically report. The guys need to update the system from 3 ghosts to just one. I suggested the ranks from the forum, can reflect this behaviour. Such as:

New User & Basic User: 3 reports
Members: 2 reports
Regulars, Moderators and Developers: 1 report

3 Likes

It doesn’t really matter which way it mends, if it is inappropriate/offensive to the controller/pilot, they should be reported. The current grading system is awesome! But as in my example above, it needs to be reconsidered. Too many peanuts are now coming into the Advanced server, and I recently had a couple of LCY which I had to ghost for offensive Callsigns and inappropriate behaviour. This is the one thing I ask FDS to look back at, and that’s the grading system. To have a more enjoyable experience, we need tougher pilots. With the ranks I talked about, that will be added into the sim, from the forum. I hypothesise that it will work better.

how do we know?? Well its been used many times as the name for that organisation in news reports, newspapers etc for a very long period of time! Not to mention there has been many different names used for the same organisation, none of which is appropriate for what IF is trying to achive. (Though to be fair Isis (not in capitals) is also the name used by scholars for the River Thames as it flows though Oxford in the UK, though I don’t think this was the intended point in this case.).

This forum is not the appropriate place to discuss this however, only need to note THAT it was an inappropriate call sign which am sure that the DEVS are auctioning on. Period.

2 Likes

Ahh, my good friend. Thinking geographical. That’s the way to think it.

1 Like

1 Like

In my opinion, it’s not offensive, but immature. But people should recognise that this is an issue that needs to be arrested, if you think it’s immature and if it is offensive, do something.

People these days they think everything you put is funny, BUT COME ON A GOOD FLIGHT SIMULATOR LIKE THIS HAS TO GET RUINED FOR HAVING IMMATURE CALLSIGNS LIKE THOSE. This case is closed.

1 Like