ANC-AMS tips?

Hi all! Just want some help
For my Honeymoon next year I am planning take the Mrs to Amsterdam.
So Any recommendations on what airlines to fly with?
I’ve done IcelandAir and wouldn’t mind flying them again. I would love to hear any helpful information!
Thanks guys!

4 Likes

KLM or DELTA is the cheapest i think

1 Like

Delta has good links or fly to Heathrow and then onwards to Amsterdam but direct flights the best option. Or you could fly to Germany on Lufthansa then fly to Amsterdam. Just depends on whether you want a direct flight or not.

1 Like

What dates? Like a month or something like that.

1 Like

You need a flight to a US hub like PDX, ORD or SEA then onwards. (Idk when seasonal flights start)

I’ll take Alaska to SEA, Norweign to Gatwick, and Easyjet to finish your leg.

Cheapest option^

Best option: Alaska down to SEA, leave on Delta to Amsterdam

1 Like

Dates! Some airlines will be cheaper some days than others. If you can provide dates everyone here will be able to give better recommendations. 👍

1 Like

From what I can tell, Icelandair from ANC is the best option. As a bonus, they’re an Alaska Airlines partner. That’s what I’d do from anywhere in AK at least

1 Like

What makes Alaska and Delta the best option? As other people have noted, you can go straight from ANC to KEF, without making a stop in the US, or ANC-FRA (Biweekly on Condor).

I think you missed this part

Plus he’s going to AMS, not KEF or FRA

I can assume that @anon93248082 is an Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan member like any good Alaskan. Therefore, it and it’s partners (esp Icelandair) are a good choice

2 Likes

Obviously he would connect in KEF or FRA if he flew with Icelandair or Condor

1 Like

What makes KEF or FRA better than SEA or other mainland airports. You do one less layer of security in mainland US airports

Shorter time. (Can be short with SEA but everything on google flights with short connections at SEA is 3k+)

1 Like

Geographically speaking and in terms of flight time it is shorter

1 Like

Hi all thanks so much for the useful tips!
BobbyRobert - Yes I am with an Alaskan Airlines Credit Card ;)

So we’re aiming end of June 2019!

1 Like

Cool

As of now it’s way to early to book as schedules haven’t been released yet.

1 Like

Yeah I looked at stuff earlier today and just trying figure ways get there and other advice! =)

Fair point, Iceland Air scedule goes hand in hand with transfers so I guess they’re a good choice too.

Plus nothing crazy cheap and cramped

4 Likes

@anon93248082 are you inadvertently trying to plan a meet-up in Amsterdam next summer??? Just kidding :)

I’ve flown the KSEA-EDDF route with Lufthansa and loved that flight.

All the best!

1 Like

@Nathan_Burton
Unfortunately with the wife probably would say no lol
BUT you can spot me!

1 Like