ANA A380 details Revealed! [First one in final assembly]

Today, ANA announced what their new Airbus A380’s will be bringing to the table. New amenities include a SkyCouch, New Seating, ocean lighting, and all three ANA A380’s will be in different colors. What do you mean different colors? What I mean is they will all have the sea turtle design but in different colors! This is what ANA posted on the website:

The different colors:

And the Seating arrangement/the new seats to be featured:

Personally I love the new features coming to this aircraft.

Many new features that were announced can be found here:
https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/201804/20180425-2.html

And here:
https://www.ana.co.jp/group/en/pr/pdf/20180425-2-1.pdf

Edit:
Today, pictures from Airbus on Twitter surfaces that their first A380 is now in final assembly! What do you think?

Credit for the photo:

21 Likes

Do you know where the A380s will fly to?

1 Like

The A380’s will be used on flights to Hawaii, but some say that this is a “trial run” and if ANA likes the A380 they may buy more for other routes that are busy.

3 Likes

So how many ANA A380s did they buy?

They bought only 3 as of today.

Cool! Hopefully I get to see one of these sometime.

1 Like

I also want to see one at some point!

1 Like

A video from Dj’s Aviation:

This is what the cabin will look like
3 Likes

I don’t like the orange one as much as the other two. It just doesn’t suit it. Sorry if it is curtural in Hawaii to have orange turtles.

3 Likes

I’m kind of in the middle. I’ll have to decide for myself when it rolls out of the paint hangar

I love the orange one and sea green one 😍

1 Like

I read that each one has a different meaning, hers what they are:
The Light blue is named in Hawaiian, translates to “Sky”
The Greenish blue one named in Hawaiian, translates to “Ocean”
And the Orange one named in Hawaiian, translates to “Sunset”

1 Like

This has to be the best one yet. The combinations of different liveries and turtles really bring out the Japanese modo. :)

2 Likes

How are the couches gonna work

1 Like

I always thought of the a380 as a whale, never a sea turtle. LOL
I like this design and I’m happy the a380 finally starts to get some attention.

1 Like

Basically, it is leg rests that can be pulled up to be level with the seat itself.

Their economy plus looks amazing plus a 38 inch pitch is not too bad ether it’s a shame that this aircraft will only serve one route 😔

1 Like

I know right it looks super comfortable

1 Like

2 Likes

I like the design and all, feature request anyone ;) but i am surprised that they aren’t doing more to innovate, while at the same time, I’m not surprised. I guess that I feel that they would have done something more than introduce skycouches on their flagship products, while at the same time, I understand why they didn’t. They didn’t because they don’t have to. This is already better than JAL who don’t even fly first to Hawaii. They didn’t need to. I guess I expected them to do something more, but I’m only kinda surprised. Love the livery, should be a feature request.